I/O light flashing..help..need to connect HT to comp.

techspark

Broken In
guys i have a 5 yr old sony mhc-gnz8d home theatre.

Link for Specification :
Sony MHC-GNZ8D Home Theater System - Best Price Buy Now - GandhiAppliances.com - - It's Free! : Gandhi Appliances, 110-220 Volts Refrigerators Washers Dryers Voltage Transformer, Multi-System LCD PLASMA, Region Code Free DVD Players, Unlocked GSM Cel

i havent touched this system since 2 yrs and now all of a sudden i hv gained interest in it but when i do the connections and try to power it on..the display shows loading..and suddenly the whole system goes off and the I/O light on the power button keeps flashing..nothing works..all i have to do is unplug the power cord and plug it back in

the manual says that this thing happens only either if there is blockage air or the speakers are short-circuited.

i m pretty sure that the speakers are not short...hv checked the wires and hv connected them properly...

although there is lot of dust on the system...but the rear fan works fine and the holes arent blocked either.

P.S should i be connecting all the five speakers together fr the HT to work..i m not connecting the surround speakers now as d connecting wires are missing..i m pretty sure as long as the front speakers are connected there shouldnt be a prob right ?

i donn wanna spend money on repairing it so i js thaught some of u guys might know what the problem is and can help me out .

my main aim is to connect the HT to my comp so that i can get 5.1 surround sound.

is there any way in which i can just connect the 5 speakers to the back of my mobo...my mobo supports 5.1 sound..so is it possible that i can just leave the main component aside and just connect the speakers directly to the back of my comp...i knw u hv to need some device to power the speakers and some convertors because the back of my mobo takes only 3.5mm type of connection wheres my speakers hv simple (+)(-) connecting wires..thats it

All replies will be appreciated...Thanx.

Top Bottom