I need to purchase a new external hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
I need to buy a new external hard drive. It need not be very portable. Storage capacity should be 40 or 60 GB. I need one which offers the highest value for money. Please help.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Haf a look at this thread: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92365

Also, check out "Similar threads" in the above post as well as this post. Will surely help.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
^^^ Thats a laptop Seagate HDD in a USB casing. My experience says if you want a rugged external HDD capable of gulping huge shocks, refrain from buying such a setup. Instead buy one of the molded ones. Look into the link I've posted and also Similar Thread at the end of that thread.

acewin

Point Blanc
as infra red says, do not go for assembled but branded molded ones.

WD Elements or WD Passport is what I will recommend, you can buy 80 GB model.
160 GB WD Element is coming in around 3200 including tax. and 80 GB model is less than 2500.

By any means do not assemble buying an external casing it would be a damn big mistake.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I saw someone getting Transcend portable HDD for a very good price. You can go for that if you are on a budget. It has very strong casing, very slim and sleek design.

OP
C

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
I have closed in on WD Passport 80 GB or 60 GB. The 60 GB model is around Rs 2000. Depending on the exact price of the 80 GB model, i ll decide which to buy. If anyone knows the street price of either of the drives, plz tell me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom