I need Linux Live cd having the smallest size

Status
Not open for further replies.

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Hello
Recently my uncle's Windows 2000 got corrupted and it wont start. But I have downloaded some *ahem* *ahem* files on it, before it betrayed me. So now I need to access the HDD and delete those files. For this purpose I will need a Linux Live CD. So can you tell me which will be the smallest in size, some thing around 100-200 MB perhaps. The lesser the better!!

DukeNukem

Come get Some
Hello
Recently my uncle's Windows 2000 got corrupted and it wont start. But I have downloaded some *ahem* *ahem* files on it, before it betrayed me. So now I need to access the HDD and delete those files. For this purpose I will need a Linux Live CD. So can you tell me which will be the smallest in size, some thing around 100-200 MB perhaps. The lesser the better!!

Whats with the Size restriction when you only have to boot from it to delete those
*ahem* *ahem* files use any Live CD of Linux......

DukeNukem

Come get Some
CD Size of 100-200 MB (do you need to download it before using it ??? )
My request to You, get a Ubuntu/Any Linux Live CD (with NTFS RW Support) for Just in Case (Ahem Ahem Files). they prove to be very Useful in case of Windows Boot Problems

OP
eggman

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Oh , its because i have to download it before burning it. Since that'll mean the time compromise for getting films, I want that wastage to be minimal. :)

NTFS Read Floppy

Its a small software you can burn to a dos bootable floppy and read/write to NTFS drives. Just use common commands like copy to backup data to another drive. This is recomended for Windows Enthusiasts.

But Knoppix DVD is the best thing in the world if size is not a constrain. I have the ISO of the Version 5.3 of the DVD(the latest thing), and a copy or two on media. Its awssome. It has got every single tool. It acts as a security distro, recovary tool, partition editor, live OS, home theater, programming kit, debugging kit, hard disc diaganosis tool, memory diaganosis tool, etc.

OP
eggman

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
It has got every single tool. It acts as a security distro, recovary tool, partition editor, live OS, home theater, programming kit, debugging kit, hard disc diaganosis tool, memory diaganosis tool, etc.

But I dont need all that :)

dsl,or SLAX ........which one then?? I hope dsl can read/write/erase files from ntfs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom