I Need Help

ka3lol

Right off the assembly line
I used to save my important files in an external hard disk and used a program called folder protector (trail version) to lock this files.

After a while that I did not to access my folders I forgot the password is there any way unlock the program without damaging my files.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I don't think so.

BTW, you may try using a live linux distro and connect the HDD and see if you can recover those files.

OP
K

ka3lol

Right off the assembly line
yes but I don't have one because it is trail version.I did a small search and I saw a way to unlock other folder lock programs from command prompt (cmd) is this possible to this program.

OR is there a program to unlock such things?

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
well i think your only option remains to purchase this software and then unlock the folder...if the files are really really important to you.

I once used some similar s/w, trial version of Folder Locker or something and locked my files...well they did not matter much...so I never thought of purchasing the s/w unnecessarily and deleted the whole data

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
may be now he needs to crack down the password by using a quad sli rig armed with 4x gtx580s and use the mighty power of cuda.

@ OP - Try the linux method - if that does not work then try hard to remember the password - this the only way!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
But if you use a good enough password even for rar archives it won't be possible to recover the password if you somehow forget it. Better to use some password manager app or password that's easy enough to remember but hard toi even guess for other :cool:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
^ correct

for password manager try KeePass..its open source

link- KeePass Password Safe

as for recovering password try sending an email to the developers with your request.

nisargshah95

Your Ad here
1) Try booting from a linux liveCD and then try to figure out where are your files hidden. If you don't get it, move on to 2.

2) Try recovering your files using data recovery softwares such as EaseUs, Recuva, etc. and recover your files.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Option No. 2 is not appropriate for him - he has not deleted anything which can be recovered - he have password protected some files using a app and forgot the pasword - so he don't need data recovery apps.

Top Bottom