I need back up power for my Router only!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sham4

Right off the assembly line
I need a back up power supply for my 12v router only, Since I have a Laptop. I been searching the net for 2 days still can't find a reasonably prised back up system.

UPS seems to be the main choice but there is also a problem of UPS going to sleep mode because it 12v is pretty low. If there is a UPS that works with low voltage, let me know.

My Budget is very low Rs. 1100. If anyone can recommend a power back up just for my router, I'll be happy.

Thanks.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
You need back up for your router. But what is that to do with the laptop?? I don't' understand whether you need backup for your laptop too? :unsure:

OP
S

sham4

You need back up for your router. But what is that to do with the laptop?? I don't' understand whether you need backup for your laptop too? :unsure:

No Just for my Router. I still haven't found one. Would appreciate if anyone is using power back-up just for the router or if they can help it'll work.

@saswat23 thanks for link but it still hasn't solved my issue.

OP
S

sham4

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll think what to buy soon.

casual_gamer

In the zone
Numeric 600VA has the problem of going into sleep mode if the consumption is too low.

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
I've APC 600VA UPS and it doesn't go to sleep mode. It can power the Router for more than 30-40 mins ( not checked the total time ) and its sufficient.

I had used Intex UPS and they go to sleep mode if power supploed is too low.

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
I need a power backup for my modem cum router. I use it with my laptop so only router needs to be powered up. Has anyone used any such solution for low power consumption unit. Please suggest.

ratul

█████████████████
I need a power backup for my modem cum router. I use it with my laptop so only router needs to be powered up. Has anyone used any such solution for low power consumption unit. Please suggest.

i have APC 600VA, and it powers my Router sufficiently for more than 2.5hrs, have'nt tried more than that, but it should give more than 4 hrs..
and it does'nt go to sleep while powering just the router, so i recommend that..

tkin

Back to school!!
i have APC 600VA, and it powers my Router sufficiently for more than 2.5hrs, have'nt tried more than that, but it should give more than 4 hrs..
and it does'nt go to sleep while powering just the router, so i recommend that..
And what about that dreadful beep beep beep?

Not talking about the version with the software link, that one has been eol'ed.

ratul

█████████████████
And what about that dreadful beep beep beep?

Not talking about the version with the software link, that one has been eol'ed.

yes, that's somewhat irritating @ first, but now i am used to it.. :p
btw, they r nt even continuous, just 4 beeps, after 40secs, another 4 beeps and so on.. :D

tkin

Back to school!!
yes, that's somewhat irritating @ first, but now i am used to it.. :p
btw, they r nt even continuous, just 4 beeps, after 40secs, another 4 beeps and so on.. :D
Still, loud enough to pierce my soul :p :p

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
i used a powercom 600va, its cheap and gives 2+hours for my modem, but i switch off after that so i dont know the exact runtime, ITS BUZZER CAN BE SWITCHED OFF with a press of the button...

ssray23

I have the exact same issue as the OP. I recently bought a iBall Nirantar 621-V to keep my Wifi router/modem on during frequent power cuts in our area. During a power cut, the UPS immediately shuts off in a minute due to low load. I called up iBall support only to learn that the UPS requires at least 60W of load to the battery to prevent auto-shutoff. This fact is nowhere mentioned in the manual. So please don't buy iBall Nirantar 621-V if you just need a UPS for your modem. I will be going for the APC model as some of the members have suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.