I need a Phone with a Difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
Hi

My budget is arnd 12K.... Anyway tell me whatever be the budget
It shld have the basic things like.... Mp3 player, Camera, Good Display....etc...

And apart from that I have to do something Practically different with that :D :D
In the thread below i got some ways of how to use a cell for making it as IDE for C,..... *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62995&page=2

So Is there any other ways can I use my cell with a differnece!:p

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
i dunno abt what a "phone wid a difference" means... but in 12k for ur music player, camera, good display.. a "different looking" phone is nokia 5700. the other option is SE w810i.

OP
Ganeshkumar

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
Have u went through the link....?
I feel Buying Moto MP1200 Linux Based ... which can be used that way.....

Any fresh ideas or similar most welcome!

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
oh ok!!! so ur requirement is a linux kinda phone... hmm.. u may try the touchscreen based moto ming a1200 or the moto rokr.. both are based on linux. so by diggin in a bit u may be able to customise it to ur needs! rokr mebbe a bit costlier than 12k.

Pathik

Google Bot
i wd go 4 5700 if i wer u.. If u want a moto linux based fone the go wit the rokr e6.. But still i dont think u so 4 the e6 just for a compiler.. None of us has tried it so it might not even work.. Rather get the 5700 cos a compiler 4 os9 might be in the making

OP
Ganeshkumar

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
Thanks for replies...Many of them say.... 5700! Is there anything special apart from regular things like camera,mp3,....?

Wat type of application u have installed and using in that.... I dont need ordinary applications like Calculator, photo viewer, etc... Something beyond that...
I saw in some sites Download GPS Software for Symbian Phones.. Will those work??

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
5700 is another symbian based phone. nothing special about it from 'your' PoV. a linux based phone wud be best for ur requirements and experiments.

OP
Ganeshkumar

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
Any1 here experimented anything different with Linux based phone....?
tell something abt moto a1200 and moto rockw z6... Anyother linux phone available??

And wat u all think abt Windows phone....? But my budget is max 12K only!

Last edited:

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz
Imate JAMA: The most economical PPC available today! for 14.3K

Features:

Microsoft® Windows Mobile® 5.0 for Pocket PC AKU 3.2

GSM / GPRS Dual-band 900 / 1800Mhz

128 MB ROM, 64 MB RAM Micro SD Card Slot Memory Expansion

2.4” 65k colour 240X320 Transflective touch screen LCD with backlight

Talk time 4 hours, up to 150 Hours Standby

2.0 Mega Pixel-Effect Digital Camera

Bluetooth® v1.2

Push Email

assasin

Banned
^^^ that fones gr8 except for the cam.it has the worst 2mp cam that i've ever seen.also it doesnt hav EDGE.hav used that fone for bout an week.

abhishek_del

Journeyman
get any phone..then u can have accessories to make it look different..dload the many cool apps..and sexy ringtones to make it different

@Ganesh, get the HP iPAQ 512 Smartphone. It's compact as a normal bar shaped phone but has the New Windows 6.0, Integrated Wi-Fi!!!!! and a 1.3MP camera. It would cost you around 13.5K

The name is different, HP, it's got all you are looking on a phone and it's got Wi-Fi and it's different by the New Windows 6.0.

Now that is something totally different from other phones at that price!!

NiluGeek

Broken In
You are right help~is~here Hp ipaq 512 Voice messenger is the phone with difference at the moment, IT has wifi, internet calling and WM-6 edition, On www.gadget.in you can purchase this phone for 11,999 + 104 shipping charges.At this Price I bet You will not Get WM-6 edition phone anywhere in India. You can also try for samsung i600 its is hsdpa enabled, in Future hsdpa networks should be availiable in india.

OP
Ganeshkumar

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
^^^
I could not c anything related to HPipaq 512 on that site!
That model is also not available in Univercell or wavetel showroom...

abhishek_del said:
get any phone..then u can have accessories to make it look different..dload the many cool apps..and sexy ringtones to make it different

I am not ready to extra pennies to get accesories.... and if i am going for Java phones... i wont get many applications too.... That is y i am thinking on.... Setting a sexxy ringtone can do every1:D

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
there are Linux phones from Nokia too.as far as windows phones are considered,there is no chance for vstudio or any compiler working am aware of!
below is a good linux fones survey for u:
*tuxmobil.org/phones_survey_nokia.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom