i frgot my Nokia E7-00 in a Auto, on last 1st of this month,Augest-need guidance

mobileman

In the zone
i forgot my Nokia E7-00 in a Auto, on, 1st of this month,Augest-need guidance

Respected Experts and my dear friends,

let me share one tragedy, which occured on the 1st day of this month, Augest 2011.
due to the parking problm in city, i took and auto to go some where near to my office, after coming back, i just stopped an auto and took him back to my office. was just kept my Nokia E7-00 on seat on top of my envelop.while reaching to the building,i took out th purse, paid him, and take back that envelop.he just moved as usual, just a minute or 2.i just realised that, i kept my Most Lovable, Most Wanted Lovely Gig, my Nokia E7-00 got missed.

Ran to my office, called on that number, there was ringing, tried 3 or 4 times, but after that, someone made deny on call., then after the message i am getting till now is "The Subscriber you have calling is SWITCHED OFF". i am quite sure that, some one made that to off the device, coz, as this E7-00 comes in a single piece, without a battery cap, these is no chance to get self switch off, in any way.

that is most curcial,that i have activated FSecure Anti Theft with Device lock on that, that is bundled with My Piece.it need my profile password to load OS after switching off.that was having almost huge of my datas including around 600+ contact numbers.
and suppose to get a tracker msg, but till now, i havnt got any.

i already made FIR with local Police, and and brought my case with the District CYBER CELL as i, self brouth this Piece just before 4 or 5 months back from Nokia Priority and having purchaise proof.

these is all abt my tragedy,

NOW I WISH TO GET YOUR GUIDANCE,
even it is so simple, pls dont hesitate to share, regarding the way i have to go tru to get my Personal Piece back on hand??

STILL IN A BELIEF THAT, I WILL GET THAT BACK WITH YOUR GUIDANCE
waiting,

mobileman

Last edited:
Nokia Service centers can reflash your firmware to factory state regardless of what kind of protection is installed in your phone. A lot of unauthorised service centers can also do this. So whatever security software you use is of limited help in the long run, if the auto-wallah sold your phone to some 2nd hand shop in the grey/black market. Your best bet is to hope that some idiot buys it and turns it on and by that time you've registered the IMEI number of the phone in the FIR and all operators have been notified that this IMEI is stolen (I hear there is such a provision but not sure). Then the phone can be tracked down.

OP
M

mobileman

In the zone
Dear M H Gautham,
absolutly u are right, still i am in a hope abt the second man, who may use this. i am in a belief abt that IMEI, wh got blocked..
but what i am surprised abt is, till today he or any, didnt used another sim card. or it means, it reached on the RIGHT hand.

best
mobileman

Sarath

iDota
It is quite obvious, considering how commonly people lose their cellphones in Autos, that the driver knows about the existence of such a SW. It is not unfeasible to think so. You might call him computer illeterate but they usually have profound knowledge of such things even if they don't know how it works.

Its a guess, but it can most probably be right. He switched off your phone, its a stolen one so he wont bother using it. He will sell it to another person. When he puts his SIM in that phone, you get a message.
Now that person argues that he paid for that phone and has no idea what you are saying. Even if he agrees, he will ask you to pay up the price he has paid.
Among my friends I have seen them making repeated calls only to give up in the end.

A police case if solved properly will get you your phone for sure. But they don't take it seriously more often than not.

I wish you luck bro.

OP
M

mobileman

In the zone
It is quite obvious, considering how commonly people lose their cellphones in Autos, that the driver knows about the existence of such a SW. It is not unfeasible to think so. You might call him computer illeterate but they usually have profound knowledge of such things even if they don't know how it works.

Its a guess, but it can most probably be right. He switched off your phone, its a stolen one so he wont bother using it. He will sell it to another person. When he puts his SIM in that phone, you get a message.
Now that person argues that he paid for that phone and has no idea what you are saying. Even if he agrees, he will ask you to pay up the price he has paid.
Among my friends I have seen them making repeated calls only to give up in the end.

A police case if solved properly will get you your phone for sure. But they don't take it seriously more often than not.

I wish you luck bro.

Dear Bro,
little SKEPTICAL,
still in a hope for a better tomarrow.

mates, pls share from your experience,

best
mobileman

Sarath

iDota
Friend 1: Lost Nokia N73(?) at ATM. No tracking software. Never heard of it again.
Friend 2: Lost Samsung, That credit card shaped model, tracking software available,> he got the new owners number> called but not co-operative > complained to police, giving details of phone and number of the new owner/thief > nothing happened > friend gave up. (Don't know where he lost it though)
Me: Lost/ Dropped my phone in the bus. Samsung el cheapo. Realised after 4 hours. Called up my cell > No response > Gave up > Then the call was returned (to my friends cell) > He said he was willing to give the phone to me if I turn up at his area > I travelled to the area, he confirmed its me with basic questions, told me to be more careful next time and I happily returned home. Was a SW professional, nice guy :)

Me again: Forgot my helmet in an auto. 2000bucks worth. Went back to the place where I caught the auto. Enquired a little bit > Got his number somehow > Called him up > says he will return it tomorrow > I go to that place wait for 3hours > No show > Next day again no show but keeps telling he is coming > 3rd day I realised although he doesn't deny that he will return it to me he is in no mood to give it back. I give up and live with it. Got a new helmet. :-/

So don't give up. But be brave to accept the worst too. I hope you get it bro. I know the pains of losing a phone. Good luck

fz8975

you lost your e7 :shock:

best of luck....
And pls post how you get your phone back (hope so) . . .

R2K

In the Zone
I have lost a new Nokia Xpress music 5800 Navigation edition because of my own carelessness. :-(
This happened in Dubai. One afternoon I just stopped by a department store to buy a Red bull and while paying for it i kept the phone on the cash counter of that store. But when I left the store I forgot to pick up the phone back from the counter.
After 6 hours I couldn't believe my f**king luck after I realized that my phone is missing .
Got back to the store and enquired abt the phone but the sales people said that they have no idea about what I am talking about.
Tried calling it but it was switched off....and I never got it back :(

All I can say is whoever got that phone is one lucky Son of a b!tch:evil: because it was just a month old and didn't even had scratch on it.:evil::x

THE LESSON I LEARNED FROM THIS INCIDENT OF MINE
Never carry your phone in your hand. Always keep it in your pocket or in a carry pouch attached to your belt , or in your bag if it is too large in size. :)

Last edited:

pratik385

In the zone
My bro's cell N73 was picked from his pocket when he was in a queue for movie ticket. After 10 min he realised that and call to his number. It was switch off. After that he gone to police station and they wrote a report. After 1 year he didnt got the mobile. So truth is once stolen you wont get it back. But if you are lucky, there is a slim chance.

Always install a tracking software for antitheft.

Best of luck to you, wish you will get it soon :)

OP
M

mobileman

In the zone
My bro's cell N73 was picked from his pocket when he was in a queue for movie ticket. After 10 min he realised that and call to his number. It was switch off. After that he gone to police station and they wrote a report. After 1 year he didnt got the mobile. So truth is once stolen you wont get it back. But if you are lucky, there is a slim chance.

Always install a tracking software for antitheft.

Best of luck to you, wish you will get it soon :)

Dear Partik,
yes, u are almost right, but u know, i already activated FSECURE, which is a full app comes with hand set.also activated device lock along with moble tracker,but till today, no msgs came.

that is what i am wondering,

mobileman

fz8975

the thief may be using the phone in offline mode......OR

FSECURE send message via network ..... He might not be having enough balance..

Or

he did a hard reset (if the autowala sold it to mobile repair shop)

pratik385

In the zone
Dear Partik,
yes, u are almost right, but u know, i already activated FSECURE, which is a full app comes with hand set.also activated device lock along with moble tracker,but till today, no msgs came.

that is what i am wondering,

mobileman

Can you track it via google maps? Damn, India is not much developed that we can zoom and locate actual position. Feeling very bad that i cant help much :cry:

Among the things I learnt the hard way was those extremely old fashioned cowboy style belts with leather pouches are extremely useful if you carry around expensive phones and cameras and fat wallets.