Hutch GPRS - What Can I do with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorpion

Journeyman
hi,

Got a hutch GPRS on my SE K700i. Now what? What can I do over it?
Can I check my gmail? Or any website on it?
What can be done with a hutch GPRS connection?

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
* u can access WAP sites...
* u can send unlimited MMS...
* u can download rigntones (either free or by paying)
* u can acess Y! account
* Y! messenger
* also gmail with prper settings (search the forums, mail2and has posted in software section how to..)
* u can use the phone as the modem and browse (dont know whether u can use in SE phones)
* lots more like jokes, snippets...

tuxfan

Technomancer
In short, you can surf thru your cell. I enabled it for one month. Downloaded some pictures and ringtone from some personal server space onto the handset for free :D I got about 100 pics and 50 rings for Rs. 99 (monthly GPRS charge) :lol:

If you get it from some paid sites like rediff or indiatimes, they charge too much about 10 for a ringtone and wallpapers :roll:

drgrudge

hmm,actually there is two different types of gprs access:

* rs. 99 per month
jus acessing from ur mob, additional downloads will cost extra. we can download from free sites also.

* rs. 499 per month
here we can use the phone as modem and browse 24*7 @34kpbs. I think all downloads like ringtones will be free.

vk123

Broken In
Ya the 499 per month scheme is called Hutch Access

You need to buy a special cable for that.

If ur phone supports bluetooth u can use a bluetooth dongle to connect to internet on ur pc using phone.

what phone do u have??

vk123

Broken In
some links that might help u

Code:
*www.hutch.co.in/corpsite/home/hutchworld/services/services.asp

Code:
*www.hutch.co.in/corpsite/home/hutchworld/services/hutchaccess.asphttp://www.hutch.co.in/corpsite/home/hutchworld/services/hutchaccess.asp

tuxfan

Technomancer
drgrudge said:
* rs. 499 per month
here we can use the phone as modem and browse 24*7 @34kpbs. I think all downloads like ringtones will be free.

No download is free :( Irrespective of your charges, you will have to pay for every ringtone/wallpaper you download. These buggers will not give you anything for free :evil:

drgrudge

tuxfan said:
drgrudge said:
* rs. 499 per month

No download is free :( Irrespective of your charges, you will have to pay for every ringtone/wallpaper you download. These buggers will not give you anything for free :evil:
I was not sure, but the download i talk is the tones or themes for our mobile... Airtel's plan (rs. 600) gives free download as well.
But there are sites from where we can download for free.

But this 499 plan sucks IMO... , the transfer rate is slow and for the same amount we have BSNL 256kpbs. :idea:

SmoothCriminal

In the zone
tuxfan said:
drgrudge said:
* rs. 499 per month

Now we have only this scheme on Hutch Access... Rs.199 as base charge.. Plus 50 paise for evry 10 KB download.. I mean NOT only for ringtone/wallpaper.. even for pages/websites opened you're charged..

My goodness.. That really sux.. If we browse on this package, phone bill will go in thousands.s...

~Romil

Broken In
Regarding 99/- Hutch connection which their customer care sell as free to download anything (otherwise mentioned) is a total crap.

Found a workaround: Use a prepaid Hutch card with near about 100 bucks balance to activate the GPRS and use it exensively for one month. One of my friends did this with his Nokia NGage and had some "real fun" ;)

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
i don think they charge for every thing...
i have nokia3660, + hutch Postpaid i download lots of pics, songs, appls daily(not from sites like yahoo, indiatimes, mauj, etc) if they start charging me then god help me :p

SmoothCriminal

In the zone
Well.. i suppose club_pranay is talking abt the 99 bucks pm pack for browsing WAP sites.. Ya.. in this pack, you can download unlmited free Stuff, apart from sites like Y!, Mauj etc.

But in Hutch access (used for browsing on PC), the base charge is 199 bucks.. and u r charged 50 paise for evry additional 10 KB data transfer.. That means u r charged not only for downloads, but for also when u open webpage etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom