HTPC for living room

glenvarun

Broken In
I am planning on building a HTPC to work with my Onkyo receiver and speaker setup in my living room. Along with playing movies(HD ofc), the only other thing i would be using it for is FIFA.
I already have a PC in my bedroom for other gaming purposes.
Any help regarding this would be great.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Playing Movies And FIFA

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Dont have a particular amount in mind, but would like to keep it as low as possible.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: A Maximum of 128-256gb should suffice.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Mouse, KB.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Soon

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Self

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Mumbai. Going to buy online and from lamington road

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: -

i3 3220 (7500)
Gigabyte GA B75M DH3 (4500)
Corsair XMS 4 GB (2600)
WD Blue 500 GB (3300)
Antec BP300 (2100)
any local slim cabinet without PSU (1000)

total: 21,000

Get a good HDMI cable too.

OP
G

glenvarun

Broken In
i3 3220 (7500)
Gigabyte GA B75M DH3 (4500)
Corsair XMS 4 GB (2600)
WD Blue 500 GB (3300)
Antec BP300 (2100)
any local slim cabinet without PSU (1000)

total: 21,000

Get a good HDMI cable too.

One Question though, will this suffice to play fifa 14 @ 1080p?
I already have an HDMI cable.

Cilus

laborare est orare
I think a APU config will be better suited here. How about the following Processor+motherboard config:

A8-6600K @ 7.1K
MSI FM2-A75MA-P33 @ 4.45K

This config will let you play games you have mentioned at 1080P with good settings.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Get a sound card when its HTPC and you are gonna connect it to an Onkyo AV Receiver. These cheap Motherboards have below standard AudioChip/DAC /Circuitry and have so much Video and EMI and Crosstalk and hence bad Signal to Noise ratio that will make the sound grainy through your AVR.Bass wont have weight and sound poorly defined. Its was ok if it was a Rs 5K computer speaker but the AVR will need clean signals. Get an Asus Xonar DGX atleast for Rs 1800. The whole point of HTPC looks stupid if the sound is not taken care of, aint?

Top Bottom