HTC Touch HD and BB Storm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
Is either phone available in major markets? Is anyone aware of the street price for the two? I was all set to buy the Xperia but the crappy build quality (cracks on the top edge & front fascia) have led me away. My friend has one and its pretty darn slow. It's almost as if SE deliberately made it slow so that buyers would feel right at home after using their erstwhile flagship P1i.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
If you find the X1 slow i dont think you will do well with a WM mobile. Dont get the BB storm.It has got some really pathetic reviews, but you dont seem to have a choice really.

I am sure, the build quality was a factor in the initail batches, i dont see people complaining too often now.

*www.phonearena.com/htmls/BlackBerry-Storm-Review-review-r_2067.html

*www.phonearena.com/htmls/Sony-Ericsson-Xperia-X1-Review-review-r_2072.html

*www.phonearena.com/htmls/HTC-Touch-HD-Review-review-r_2060.html

Last edited:
OP
G

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
Well, I had the Diamond earlier this year and that seemed to have acceptable performance, so I'm guessing SE's engineers haven't optimized the Xperia yet. In any case, almost everyone who owns an Xperia is gravitating toward TF3D which is certainly a lot faster than the craptastic (and limited) panels.

Guess you're right about newer batches being pretty solid. Week 48 or newer doesn't seem to have any problems.

BBThumbHealer

BlackBerry Guru ! :)
Dont get the BB storm.It has got some really pathetic reviews.

the glitches were due to bugs in the firmware ... now they all have been updated & the device is working perfectly ! Acc. to Cnet , it's the best BlackBerry ever made !

I'll too be buying it very soon ! :)

OP
G

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
the glitches were due to bugs in the firmware ... now they all have been updated & the device is working perfectly ! Acc. to Cnet , it's the best BlackBerry ever made !

I'll too be buying it very soon ! :)
I beg to differ. There's no way a touchscreen equipped device can beat the out-of-this-world experience of using a full blown QWERTY board. Been using a Curve 8320 for the past 7 odd months and I can bang out messages faster on it than on my laptop. The Storm is great as a convergent device but sadly it doesn't seem as fast as its Bold'er and Curv'ier brothers. :)

BBThumbHealer

^ m too using the BB Curve 8310 at the moment ... I totally agree with u on the fact the nothing can beat the speeds of writing on a QWERTY keyboard ! But then what's the case for the iPhone , only the touch is available for typing , but still ppl are buying it because of sheer technology ! Same is the case for the Storm !

Now if u wanna buy a touch device , there are both pros n cons for it ! Rest all depends on u that which factors u take into account for ur purchase :)

OP
G

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
^ m too using the BB Curve 8310 at the moment ... I totally agree with u on the fact the nothing can beat the speeds of writing on a QWERTY keyboard ! But then what's the case for the iPhone , only the touch is available for typing , but still ppl are buying it because of sheer technology ! Same is the case for the Storm !
Glad to meet another BB user! :) Is there a thread on here that's devoted to BB fanatics like us?

The Touch HD isnt available yet. Dont get the BB Storm.
Are we talking about availability in India? Is the BB Storm available out here?
The Touch HD may be the better device but I just can't turn my eyes away from the uber-sexy looks of the Storm. Anyhow, I guess I'll wait for more positive review on Crackberry before shelling out the dough.

BBThumbHealer

I have tried 4 models of BB i.e 7100g ( My First :) ) , 8700g , Pearl 8100 & Curve 8310 ! Didn't choose Bold because of anticipating for the Storm !

Storm was to be launched in December in India by Vodafone but due to recent terror attacks , BlackBerry Data Encryption is again under scrutiny , therefore , Vodafone has put the device on hold in India :)

Last edited:
OP
G

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
Just ordered a 5800XM off fleabay. The HTC is supremely awesome like my 1st gen iPhone but it's a bit too expensive at the moment and if the rumors are correct, the Touch HD Pro is on its way. User reviews of the Storm on Crackberry forums aren't too positive, so I'll keep my Curve 8320 for now.

OP
G

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
Just read the mega review of the new Curve 8900 on Crackberry. Man! I think I'm in love.
Pros in favor of the 8900: awesome combination of looks inherited from the Bold and Storm, sleeker & smaller than the Bold, twice the RAM, higher resolution & warmer screen, better camera & a much faster browser!

Size comparison with the Bold:
*ringtones.crackberry.com/files/kevin/8900/curve8900bold.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom