HP Pavilion 15/G6 - powered by AMD Trinity/Kabini/Richland

duke123

In the zone
Re: HP G6 2005AX/2010AX/2201AX - powered by Trinity

Drivers are supporting so many series...What i meant was enduro technology is for latest GPUs(79XX,78XX and 77XX) and 7600M series wont have any benefits of it...
AMD announces Radeon HD 7000M series with Enduro graphics-switching technology

Last edited:

bhupati

Broken In

Drivers are supporting so many series...What i meant was enduro technology is for latest GPUs(79XX,78XX and 77XX) and 7600M series wont have any benefits of it...
AMD announces Radeon HD 7000M series with Enduro graphics-switching technology

Ok, thanks. Was a little confused there, damn product names :)
But my intention was to point out that the default vision drivers by HP are currently more stable than the subsequent catalyst releases (12.8, 12.9 and the current beta11) and they also include the SATA, USB 3 and other chipset drivers.
The new dynamic switching tech might be just for the 28nm 7-series cards but Enduro is not just that, it's also supposed to bring a "unified" driver updates for an all-AMD laptop like ours (processor+ mobo+ graphics).
That's why I urged users to not update graphics until a stable unified version comes out :)

From AnandTech :
The biggest news with the latest iteration of Enduro is that AMD is planning to make universal reference drivers available for all the Enduro laptops. It’s not clear precisely what that means, but potentially any laptop with Dynamic Switchable Graphics or later (e.g. PX4.0 and later) would be supported by AMD’s “reference” drivers. That’s huge, and if AMD can deliver it will assuage most of our concerns with their hardware/software.

Last edited:

duke123

In the zone

Ok, thanks. Was a little confused there, damn product names :)
But my intention was to point out that the default vision drivers by HP are currently more stable than the subsequent catalyst releases (12.8, 12.9 and the current beta11) and they also include the SATA, USB 3 and other chipset drivers.
The new dynamic switching tech might be just for the 28nm 7-series cards but Enduro is not just that, it's also supposed to bring a "unified" driver updates for an all-AMD laptop like ours (processor+ mobo+ graphics).
That's why I urged users to not update graphics until a stable unified version comes out :)

From AnandTech :

The default vision drivers are 12.6 version which is almost a year old..i subsequently updated 12.8,9,10 versions with slight improvement of performance
but did int face any issues..Even HP is recommending latest versions..The stability issues you mentioned are mostly faced by enduro series GPUs not older ones...So ii think its ok to update..

I think there is nothing much to expect for us..Even if a stable enduro driver comes out because we are too old.

It’s not clear precisely what that means
Even AnandTech dont have any idea:p all they claim is a universal reference driver..

Any was lets hope for the best..

123hero

In the zone

hp pavilion g6 2201 ax looks tempting

Last edited:

rockz3r

Broken In

Friends i am tginking of getting this laptop for gaming so can u please tell me how much fps do u people get in games like battlefield 3,crysis 2,max payne 3 and at what settings ???????

Piyush

Lanaya

Friends i am tginking of getting this laptop for gaming so can u please tell me how much fps do u people get in games like battlefield 3,crysis 2,max payne 3 and at what settings ???????

Dunno about above games

But I tried
--> Skyrim (high textures, high game detail, 4xAA, 8xAF) and was getting 30 -40 fps
--> Borderlands( high ", high ", no AA, 4xAF) 25+ fps

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

read the reviews in first page. and as for max payne 3, check the first 10 pages. someone posted a lot about max payne 3 and offers playable FPS at low details.

parth1993

Broken In

i have played all the games you mentioned i dont know about how many fps did i get but i played battlefield 3 on high setting ,crisis 2 on hardcore(max) and max payne 3 on high + sleeping dogs on max settings ,all ran pretty smooth without any lag on high performance mode.

should i upgrade to windows 8 ? or stay on windows 7 ? are there any problems in windows 8 ? how many gbs is windows 8 ? plz reply i am confused about upgrading.

NovicePJ

Right off the assembly line

hey all digitizers!
2010ax with no os and no drivers will give you lot of trouble. but get ready for the challenge..this laptop is worth it.;-)

now my problem :p i installed catalyst 12.10 .net4 but after restart its saying no amd graphics driver installed or working properly.
did anybody tried 12.11 beta? is it worth? i went for last stable release and its giving me problems. any solution? plzzz

vardhan.harsh

Hey guys I just got the 2201ax...everything is great about this laptop...the only issue that I am having is with the display...I mean the texts aren't that sharp as I've seen on vaios and intel powered hps...even the round edges of images don't come crisp and sharp...like the gallery icon in win8 homescreen I don't knoww what to do...cuz the images andd texts are absolutely fine when playing games like the nfs most wanted 2012...the game is damn smooth on highest settings...

I've tried everything from cchecking resolution (which was at it's highest 1366xsomething) and ClearType is also already switched on...

I guess HP has done some serious compromise on the screen...I am really dissappointed :-(

duke123

In the zone

hey all digitizers!
2010ax with no os and no drivers will give you lot of trouble. but get ready for the challenge..this laptop is worth it.;-)

now my problem :p i installed catalyst 12.10 .net4 but after restart its saying no amd graphics driver installed or working properly.
did anybody tried 12.11 beta? is it worth? i went for last stable release and its giving me problems. any solution? plzzz

AMD Catalyst Software Suite Version 12.10 Release Notes

do you have all prerequisites...its highly unlikely that its due to catalysts problem...

Hey guys I just got the 2201ax...everything is great about this laptop...the only issue that I am having is with the display...I mean the texts aren't that sharp as I've seen on vaios and intel powered hps...even the round edges of images don't come crisp and sharp...like the gallery icon in win8 homescreen I don't knoww what to do...cuz the images andd texts are absolutely fine when playing games like the nfs most wanted 2012...the game is damn smooth on highest settings...

I've tried everything from cchecking resolution (which was at it's highest 1366xsomething) and ClearType is also already switched on...

I guess HP has done some serious compromise on the screen...I am really dissappointed :-(

Just check the first post sam has clearly mentioned ..
Under users and drivers section ..just expand the attached picture..
NOTE: Anyone having problem with variable brightness and don't know how to fix it, refer to this pic below:

vardhan.harsh

Sorry but vari-bright is already enbaled and switching it on/off doesn't make any difference...I am attaching a screen shot...don't know whether it'll show the problem or not but still... Screenshot.jpg

small texts like map...skydrive etc aren't clear at all...i feel like crying :-(

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

anuj kumar

Broken In

i had a fujitsu lappie and the first pblm it showed was a similar thick line which sometimes vanishes . but it was caused due to gpu fault

i too got the link today via mail :) @anuj

what is date of purchase on warranty link ;is it same as on your invoice(bill)? bcoz mine is not .

Top Bottom