How to use the onboard graphics in P8Z68 MPRO

NG235

Broken In
Hi All,

Last day my graphics card (xfx 6870 ) was sent for replacement due to some hardware issues. Now the vga connector is connected to the motherboard and after that i'm unable to play even games like IGI 1, etc... can anyone help me by telling me how to use/activate the onboard graphics ?

Do I need to uninstall the driver for my previous graphics card or do I need to enable something in BIOS for putting the onboard graphics to use?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
if the display is coming means the processor's iGPU is being used. is Intel graphics driver installed and you better get rid of AMD CCC as it may interfere.

OP
N

NG235

Broken In
Download and install Intel GMA and chipset drivers given for your processor iGPU.

Just a doubt: when a dedicated graphics card (in my case 6870) is already there,
then will the integrated gpu work, i.e, all the graphic processing is done by dedicated gpu only ?
or
both of them work in cycles depending on the amount of processing needed?

is there an easy way to switch between dedicated and integrated graphics?

Naxal

Little Kid
Just a doubt: when a dedicated graphics card (in my case 6870) is already there,
then will the integrated gpu work, i.e, all the graphic processing is done by dedicated gpu only ?
or
both of them work in cycles depending on the amount of processing needed?

is there an easy way to switch between dedicated and integrated graphics?

What you are saying is already in place with latest chipset and supported iGPU along with GPU.

Lucidlogix with the multi gpu solution

And your motherboard has support for the said feature.

OP
N

NG235

Broken In
The i-GPU was in disabled state. So I re-enabled it from BIOS and installed the drivers for the same. Now i'm able to play almost all the games..

Thanks a lot guys for your valuable comments.

Top Bottom