how to transmit audio through 3 Walls??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario_pant

In the zone
hey there...
i just wanted to construct or buy a medium range FM/AM transmitter which i can just plug into my computer place for the audio jack and tune in to that on a stereo system which is about (2.5 walls)/(20 meter in displacement) away from my BoX....

so is there any solution to this....
the main thing is that i wanna listen to my playlist on my stereo there.... and by the way the stereo doesn't have an audio IN.....

any circuit or any other product will be appreciated... or even if someone can build it for 40 or 50 Rs. ;-b !!

PS: i found this as the best on the net: *www.cie-wc.edu/fmtransmitter.asp

but there is a prob... this circuit takes the input from a MiC but i wanna give the input thru the audio card ie. i wanna use an audio jack directly!!

something like iTrip!

LordDJ

Broken In
You can find cheap FM transmitters in most electronic shops. I had bought a couple (for a different purpose altogether) for around Rs 100. The problem is that the transmitters are all mono:(

I wouldn't advice you to build a txr cos it usually turns out to be noisy with the soldering and the stray capacitances. You can connect the mic points to the sound card. Just check the impedance of the two.

What I suggest is you take your deck to the shop and ask him to drop a pair of wires so you can connect it to the line out. Better still spend a couple of grand a get yourself a wireless headphones.

OP
mario_pant

mario_pant

In the zone
hey... how much does a nice wireless headset cost??

and is there some app so i can stream this audio to my nokia 6600 thru bluetooth however bad the quality may be.....??

wORm

Journeyman
I know you are looking for a wireless solution but I'm guessing you are inclined towards it only because your stereo doesn't have an audio in.

If your stereo has a tape player you could get hold of one of those car tape deck to CD player adapters and us that as a way of sound input from your PC. Some wiring knowledge will however required to get this done.

OP
mario_pant

mario_pant

In the zone
wut is the voice qualtiy and the price of that thing...
i've seen it hanging in a shop...... looks like an old dumb ass cassete..... but sounds usefull enough....

mangemayur

Journeyman
the china wireless headphones will cost around 1k... i brought the philips orginal ones.. which costed me aroudn 3K. but the quality is real good and range is 100m.

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
see i have a philips radio, in good condition, in kitchen. now if my mom wants to hear her fav playlist she will need to pump up the volume of the speakers connected to pc.
if i connect the 100 bucks transmitter to line out of PC then she will be able to tune the radio to that freq and enjoy the music.
Am I right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom