How to test if various listed sensors of a phone are working? - Android

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I have a Sony Xperia ZR which has been of late behaving erratically when on a call. I generally hold it directly against the ear (rarely use bluetooth headset never headphones). For the past 2 - 3 weeks I have been seeing that at the end of call the phone would have opened random applications, tried to change the wallpaper etc as if I some kid had been touching the screen randomly. I believe it happens because of the ear touching the screen. But I believe it should not happen as the screen and touch should automatically be switched off when near an ear. May be the proximity sensor is misbehaving?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
install xperia diagnostic, check things one by one
or you can just open dialer, type *#*#7378423#*#* (quickdial for SERVICE) and check from there

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Install CPU Z.
It shows all the readings of various sensors. It might help.

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Thanks. Installed it. Initial 4 runs it showed no value for light and proximity sensors but now it is showing readings. I guess something is not right there.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
press *#*#7378423#*#* , go to proximity sensor, move your hand near the sensor.. If it doesnt detect, then there's something wrong

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Ok. According to this test proximity sensor is working. Then why is the phone doing random things when on call?

Top Bottom