how to remove scratches frm DVD using toothpaste ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Hi

I have read somewhere abt some trick to ensure ur DVD disk works well by using toothpaste..can somebody tell in detail how :confused:

Who

Guess Who's Back
well you have take very little toothpaste on your index finger , & spread it on scratches gently , since toothpaste has little particles it will feel scratch making the dis read-able again , well that's what it says in theory & i have tried about 5 times now , i was able make my 2 dvds read -able again so this trick may or it may not work on your dvds;

Have a nice day.

Hackattack

Multicore Mutant
This is a video demonstration of dvd cleaning using toothpaste.

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrgHKmNR-Qk

There is a surprise at the end of video. ;)

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
toothpaste cannot make scratches go. it is just the detergent part of the toothpast that just cleans the disk's surface.

if u seriously gotta recover a disk then use those commercial fluids that, when spread on the surface of a disk, fill up the scratches as they are special chemicals that have similar refraction as the plastic on a optical disk thus removing the scratch effect little bit.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Rollercoaster said:
toothpaste cannot make scratches go. it is just the detergent part of the toothpast that just cleans the disk's surface........

I thought the silica in the paste ground the scratch

OP
esumitkumar

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
if u seriously gotta recover a disk then use those commercial fluids that, when spread on the surface of a disk, fill up the scratches as they are special chemicals that have similar refraction as the plastic on a optical disk thus removing the scratch effect little bit.

can u name those chemicals and their prices please

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
^ well it has been a long time since i used one but the one i got was from some Indian company but it did not help much. it was i think 135rs and came as a clear sky blue fluid.

Status
Not open for further replies.