how to remove motherboard speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
entrana

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
guys something looks fishy, in pc wizard my +3.3v voltage is showing 9.82 as same as +12v . and in nvidia control panel . beside fsb its showing 1.4v and a red square. anything?

OP
entrana

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
hmm any other help guys. what might actually be causing this beep( 3 short beep. pause . 3 short beep continously)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
*www.pchell.com/hardware/beepcodes.shtml
*www.pantherproducts.co.uk/Articles/Motherboard/BIOSbeep.shtml

I guess its either memory related or VGA adapter

OP
entrana

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
there might be some improvement recently when i was playing game it beeped only once 3-3-3 then it stopeed. i didnt play much further though

i have used memtest and the tests results were good

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
there might be some improvement recently when i was playing game it beeped only once 3-3-3 then it stopeed. i didnt play much further though

i have used memtest and the tests results were good

there should be a log entry in BIOS, check what it says abt the events happenin

OP
entrana

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
cud u just please tell me if i can remove the motherboard speaker even if it was ON the mobo

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^its difficult if the speaker is soldered to the mobo, you have to use soldering machine and loose the paste then remove it, but that will void your Warranty

PS: Ur mobo dont have onboard speaker, the speaker is in case.

OP
entrana

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
are u sure the xfx650i does not haev a mobo speaker. i think i can confirm that because it doesnt show in the manual
u better be right buddy im feeling in deep **** here, really tense. i just want to shut this beep off and get on with my pathetic life

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
are u sure the xfx650i does not haev a mobo speaker. i think i can confirm that because it doesnt show in the manual
u better be right buddy im feeling in deep **** here, really tense. i just want to shut this beep off and get on with my pathetic life
i have seen the XFX 650i mobo pic and couldnt found anything resembling onboard speaker, and there wasnt any mention in the legend too

PS: I have DG965RY which has got onboard speaker, so i know how it looks

OP
entrana

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
one more thing. if mine did have a onboard speaker , it would have the controls in the bios right?

beside show DOES it look like, if my mobo had an oboard speaker

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
*flourishcomputer.com/products/desktop/desktop_right/motherboard/intel_boxdp965ltck1.jpg

see the round thing below 1st PCI slot and above the heatsink(smaller heatsink of south bridge).

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
fromthe pic it looks like there is no onboard speaker. just open up the case and you will find a small speaker attached to it. trace the wire from it to mobo and just unplug it.

OP
entrana

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
cud u tell me how the case speaker looks like so i might identify it. i might unplug the headphone speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom