How to make hard disk image

Status
Not open for further replies.

CadCrazy

in search of myself
I was to make image of my c: Tried norton ghost 10 but it has no option to make hard drive image for a single partition in one single file like iso image for cd/dvd. Either it can take backup of whole hard disk partions as restore points or it can copy on partition to another(but not in the form of image file)

please help if there s any option in ghost or any other good hard disk image software

slugger

Banned
wat u r askin 4 is a Partition Imaging tool

here r 2 of dem

Partimage

DriveImage XML

4 more info and tools check dis out

Disk Cloning

Free Hard Disk and Partition Imaging and Backup Software

EDITED
by d time i finished typin Vishal had already posted, DAMMN!!!:mad::mad:

NucleusKore said:
Thanks slugger :)

U R WELCOME

Last edited:
OP
CadCrazy

CadCrazy

in search of myself
Ok tried acronis true image to copy my vista partition as a image file.then restored the content from that image just for experiment.

Result:Vista refuse to start due to start up problem. So i had to restore it through vista bootable cd.

I do t know what went wrong with the restore. i restored it as logical partition which was default option during restore.I also restore mbr through acronics.
can you plz tell me what was the prob

Last edited:

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Not sure if vista requires a new version of acronis true image, I have used version 9 with XP many times & it works without a problem.

Could it be something to do with that vista always make bootable drive as its C:\ drive & you might be having that image on some other drive & that might be conflicting............not sure about this.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
I have one older version of Ghost just 600 KB file :lol: runs under DOS mode, so need a bootable floppy or Win98SE CD rom to work with it...

the tool Rocks :)

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
i use acronis... u can ask it to make a bootable rescue disk.. which has an image of ur partition/disk... for complete recovery in case of crash... hope ur probs solved by this piece of sw.

i used to use norton.. but now... acronis is the way to go...

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
about 10 min... takes time according to used size of partition, matter to be compressed & compressing strength used.... it estimates time anyway.

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Acronis works great. I use Acronis True Image Home 10.

Has someone tryed the Vista Backup and Restore feature reviewed in the Fast Track. Can it replace Acronis.. I mean to say, if I install vista and make a image backup, can I restore it completely the way Acronis does.

Also, it offers backup files and backup computer. How can we backup just a single drive

deepakg

Journeyman
i use old ghost to do it..
it is the easiest methd to clone partition or whole disk..
to use old ghost you need to learn its batch coding..
try it..

planetcall

Indian by heart
I am also interested in knowing if Vista Ultimate would work with such disk restoration. I dont have a spare PC but if you have then try installing vista on C :/ and then take the backup. Format it and restore the backup and then see if it works. Please report if it is successful.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i've been using it... Vista 64bit ultimate... the most software unfriendly Windows now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom