How to link subtitles of a movie to the avi file???

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinit suri

Broken In
hey guys

i have a movie in avi format.....n i downloaded subtitles for the movie from the net...can u tell me exactly how i can link the subtitles with the avi file so that they get displayed automatically when i play the avi file????????

thanx in advance:grin::grin::grin:

confused!!

It's true Im not confused
make the movie and subtitle name exactly the same and keep both the files in the same folder ...if the movie player supports subtitles it will show subtitles automatically

OP
vinit suri

vinit suri

Broken In
thanx a lot dude...but d problem is dat the subtitles r not matching wid d audio...first audio cms den after abt 10 secs subtitl cms...nechance i can rectify dat???

confused!!

i am using zoom palyer with k lite codec pack which uses the direct vobsub filter for subtitles...there is a option in direct vobsub to make the subtitles come early or come late....which player you are using

prasad_den

Padawan
thanx a lot dude...but d problem is dat the subtitles r not matching wid d audio...first audio cms den after abt 10 secs subtitl cms...nechance i can rectify dat???
Not sure what player you are using... but try GOM player. In it, when you play the movie, right click and go to subtitles >>> subtitle explorer and sync the subtitles by using the delay / forward by 0.5 secs options... then save it..! :)

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ Vinit:

Use VLC player and then play the video file and for the subtitles (u must be having a separate file with a .srt extension) so jus drag and drop that subtitle file too in the VLC player (where the video is playing) :)

Cheers n e-peace...

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
Every one of them who has posted has not mentioned one important point.
The subtitles of a movie is dependent on the frame rate of the movie.
If the movie has 23.97 frames, then the subtitle should also be in 23.97 frames too.

*divxsubtitles.net/ - One of the best places to get subtitles for DivX,XviD Movies.

confused!!

Every one of them who has posted has not mentioned one important point.
The subtitles of a movie is dependent on the frame rate of the movie.
If the movie has 23.97 frames, then the subtitle should also be in 23.97 frames too.

*divxsubtitles.net/ - One of the best places to get subtitles for DivX,XviD Movies.

but we can adjust the subtitles according to frame rate also

Hi...
Download and Install a free software called Subtitle Workshop...
Open ur subtitle file in that and go to edit-->Timings-->Set delay..

now play ur movie separately in WMP...note down the times when u hear the first spoken line and the last spoken line.

enter these values in set delay dialog box...save the subtitle...copy the subtitle file in the movies folder and start movie again..Problem Solved..

redhat

Mad and Furious
I am using VLC player to view my files...
The subtitles appear before the dialogues, how do I correct this? I do not wish to install any software, standalone applications will do....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom