How to install multiple windows update files at once ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeon

ThE oNE & ONlY ??
Hi everyone !
I have a XP home edition disk version 2002 with integrated service pack 1a. I wanted to create an updated setup disk with all latest updates included. I slipstreamed service pack 2 already. I have downloaded quite a few windows update files, now I want to know how I can install all of them at once like how automatic updates does it (using a batch file i guess) the next time I reinstall windows on my pc. I want to install them directly from the cd, how do I go about it ?

prasad_den

Padawan
^^ I'm not sure about how you do that.. but for a simple method of updating windows, use autopatcher..
Autopatcher comes in two versions - core and updates...
If this is the first time you are updating windows, first install the core, and then use the monthly updates regularly.. Really, its the simplest method of updating windows..

www.autopatcher.com

Last edited:
OP
mikeon

mikeon

ThE oNE & ONlY ??
thanks for the info man. I knew about autopatcher, but the core version is too big to download for me (I'm on bsnl 250 plan, 300 mb is waaaaayyyy too much to spend on it). But anyways I guess using autopatcher is much less of a hassle, so its good to keep a core version handy and then let auto updates do its job :D

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Why not get the core version from one of the previous Digit/Chip/PC World CDs? If I remember correct, July PC World CD has the Core version upto May 07.

prasad_den

Padawan
^^ You beat me to that... I was just going through their sites for the same.. I think the Chip July DVD has May 2007 autopatcher..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom