How to enable GPRS ? is PCI Bluetooth card available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hafees

In the zone
Hi ! I m living in Kerala and having an airtel prepaid connection. Recently i bought a SE z520i. how to enable GPRS for that?

Also is there any PCI Card available for PCI to Bluetooth. or USB to bluetooth?

mohit

The Hardware Labs
To enable GPRS goto the nearest airtel connect and they will do it for u . and u can buy a usb bluetooth dongle with a range of 10 metres or more and use it to connect your pc n phone. there are many many brands of these dongles available but i suggest going for some decent one like Belkin. Those chinese brands suck big time.

Journeyman
You can get a decent Bluetooth USB dongle with 100m range for approx Rs 700 - 600.

vishalbhatia

Journeyman
Dial 121 for customer care from you Airtel mobile and tell them to activate this for you and also for Mobile office gprs OTA setiings. After you recieve OTA message. open message, go to options and select save to save the satteings. For blutooth, I recommend to you to go for belkin 100m bluetooth dongle. If you are using xp sp2 then dont install the cd which come with dongle. Just connect and start using.

choudang

Padawan
Send MO to 646 or 501. you will receive one setting, save and activate the setting.

do you subsc the GPRS conn?if not, do it

OP
hafees

hafees

In the zone
how much is the rent for gprs service. i m in kerala.

Also, after gprs activation, is it possible to browse the net thru my pc using the mobile with bluetooth dongle( i.e without purchasing any usb cable to connect my cell)

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
hafees said:
how much is the rent for gprs service. i m in kerala.
best thing is to check at the local authorised Outlet
and
here in delhi the rate is Rs.499 pm for unlimited data transfer (AirTel)

after gprs activation, is it possible to browse the net thru my pc using the mobile with bluetooth dongle( i.e without purchasing any usb cable to connect my cell)

Yes, It is very much possible through BT

most of the phones have inbuilt modem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom