How to enable another HDD.please help.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Guys i have a 80gb IDE HDD. I got another 250gb SATA hdd.Now after adding the sata when i booted windows 7 detected the HDD and gave message successfully installed the new device.But i cannot find it or it is not being shown in the hdd list.I only see those old partition of 37 and 38 gb.:(

How to enable the new hdd please help. My IDE jumper settings = ] J ] J ]

where ]= empty pins
J=jumper
I did not get any jumper pins with the new sata drive.
Bios is american megatrend
Please help.

dude_gamer

Half Life2-Follow Freeman
1)Go to control panel in which you will find "Add a Device" In hardware & sound category.
2)just click on "Add a device" it will search new hardware(i.e your hard disk 250GB).
3)when hardware found out just click on that hard disk that found & click on next & finally finish.

Note: (if u will not find "Add a device" then in control panel change "view by" as "Category")

kk_590

Broken In
I suspect that the drive is not formatted .... the easiest way to fix this is to download Easeus partition master
EaseUS Partition Master Home Edition - CNET Download.com
, select the drive and format it.
However we can do this using the default windows tools but this is an easy way with nice graphical interface.
I hope this solves your problem.

Hsakarp_kahtap

CG Artist++
right click on my computer, click on manage option, select disk management ,check if its shows your new drive there , if yes then assign a drive letter to it by right click . Hope it will help you.

Top Bottom