how to download torrent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
yes bro, I am behind the router how can I enable port forwarding.

wats ur Router model and ur ISP ??

Also,

1. use uTORRENT (the controls and interface) are simple and
2. always choose to d/load torrents wich hv a greater nuber of seeders as compared to leechers, although, this is not true most of the times regarding the speed.
_________

Cheers n e-peace...

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
r u tying to download torrents in the office? if yes then you probably are not authorized to change anything in the router and it is probably not allowed by your employer to use the office internet for your torrent download unless you wanted to change your status to "unemployed"

OP
rameeze

rameeze

Broken In
I think It is impossible to download torrent behind router without port forwarding

thank u all for Helpful replies

acewin

Point Blanc
I download using torrents, got airtel unlimted(384 KBps) plan general speed is 40-45 KBps, have seen it going max to 56KBps, I use bitlord as my torrent client. I think this well very good speed.

Using any p2p software is not wrong. What you download can be wrong.
I generally use www.btjunkie.org or www.mininova.org to filter my searches. and do not download softwares generally, mostly movies.
And seriously not in office campus.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
I think It is impossible to download torrent behind router without port forwarding
thank u all for Helpful replies

Well, if u are in Office or any other organisation for that matter, ur above reply is right.

But, If u are at home, then this answer is Wrong, as

port forwarding only will speed up ur d/laods, the reason being, that u hv explicitely defined adn created a dedicated port for ur torrents to get into ur PC thru the network (internet that it) ..

Tell me if im totally wrong guys.. !

Cheers n e-peace...

acewin

Point Blanc
well in office also, you can have proxy address, which you can use for setting downloads in your torrent client and can even download.

But now the issue is are the ports open for this or not. And I do not think port forwarding affects speed, it depends always on the bandwidth.
Generally poet used for internet is 80 and through this all sorts of internet communication is done not just downloading. opening HTML page also means you are downloading(the html page to your system)

But its not that you need port fowarding to download using torrents.
Its if the router(in office because @ home we can do anything) allows downloading of files of bigger size or not in short how is the router in office filtering files.

legolas

Padawan
anyway, talking about torrent herein digit forum is illegal
Talking about configuring clients and aiding with the concept of "seeds" and "peers" is educational and not piracy. Linking to torrent sites is accessory to piracy. So, technically, this isn't! :)

acewin

Point Blanc
neither talking about different p2p is illegal, p2p network was built for people to share there own data, not pirated data, its just the way of using something designed.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Talking about configuring clients and aiding with the concept of "seeds" and "peers" is educational and not piracy. Linking to torrent sites is accessory to piracy. So, technically, this isn't! :)

Agree to that completely.. :)

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
misconception of torrent as illegal...it seems people have now associate torrent as being illegal.
digit or chip i think ran articles in the past explaining what the hell is torrent and how it all works...so are they doing illegal stuff?

hansraj

In the zone
I actually want to ask those guys who (I assume) must have done some research before saying that "downloading via torrent is illegal". What i mean to say is if one refers IPC Section302, it very clearly says what and how to handle the case of individual charged under this section for committing the crime of Murder and the punishment. Now that we have "IT Act 2000" where is it given in that act that digital download is crime. What I understand is downloading the copyright material will result in infringing the "Indian Copyright Act", and the case will be handled by the law enforcing agencies accordingly. Any suggestions or corrections by anyone there?????

sanyaldk

the end begins....
check seed and litch ratio . to increase speed u can ddd manually tracker list.

rutvijt

Broken In
Slightly Off-Topic. But a Basic Question from me>>

Does Installing a Torrent Downloader affect the Network Connections in any way? And is Torrent Downloading faster than Normal Downloading? (This popped up in my mind bcoz once i had dwlded just 8% of a torrent of file size 110MB. when i got fed-up with the Speed, i cancelled the dwld, and proceeded to delete the Half-Dwlded file. But, it showed a file size of 60MB)

sanyaldk

the end begins....
it depends on no of seed/litch ratio. i have seen max speed 320-350kb/ps.
normal download is from a single server while torrent is from no of computers that currently seeding a file.

OP
rameeze

rameeze

Broken In
well in office also, you can have proxy address, which you can use for setting downloads in your torrent client and can even download.

But now the issue is are the ports open for this or not. And I do not think port forwarding affects speed, it depends always on the bandwidth.
Generally poet used for internet is 80 and through this all sorts of internet communication is done not just downloading. opening HTML page also means you are downloading(the html page to your system)

But its not that you need port fowarding to download using torrents.
Its if the router(in office because @ home we can do anything) allows downloading of files of bigger size or not in short how is the router in office filtering files.

I m using uttorent as torrent client, How can i give proxy for the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.