How to create Restore DVDs like the ones given by laptop manufacturers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
I will be moving to hostel where there is no internet access. :( I will be doing a lot of experimenting and hence need to create a DVD set which will restore my computer to a certain state like its done using Restore DVDs for laptops.

This is what I have:
System : Compaq SR1931IL desktop (ATI xpress200 mobo and Pentium D820 processor, 2*512mb RAM, 160GB Seagate HDD and ATAPI 16x DVD writer) with XFX7600GT, a gaming mouse and APC 650VA UPS.
OS: Genuine Windows XP OEM with SP2 integrated setup CD from HP
media : plenty of blank Sony 16x DVD-R
This is what I want to do:
1. I will do a fresh installation of windows and install drivers.
2. I will update windows and install anvtivirus and update that too.
3. I will install necessary applications and update them too.
4. I will change various settings in windows to suit me.

This is what I want:
1. I want to create Restore DVDs which will boot from DVD writer and copy the above OS with apps and antivirus to the C: partition. My motherboard doesnt support booting from USB. If the data needs to be on an external hard disk, atleast a booting program should be there on a DVD or CD.
2. Its should not alter partition tables. Generally Restore DVDs from HP restore the partition tables and make a single partition. This makes it very difficult to install other OSes. I just want it to write to the 1st partition.
3. High compression ratio will help me save money on DVDs.
How do I achieve this? I will move to hostel 2-3 days. So its urgent. Any help is appreciated.

abhishek_del

Journeyman
i think this came in in feb or march or (mayb any other but in 2007 only)issue of digit but u will need the original windows xp cd and the apps exe files....Check the mag u will find it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom