how to convert .rar files into .exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

MR.MOUSTACHE

THE SIMPLE MAN
i downloaded some softwares from the net...... which came in .rar format..... now the problem is that i got no idea how to convert it into .exe :confused: file so that i can install and run the software ........ please help me :arrow:

OP
MR.MOUSTACHE

MR.MOUSTACHE

THE SIMPLE MAN
ya you guys are right am new to .rar thing.......... am learning thanks for your info`s ...... i relly like it..... @piyush i did google it but was not sure about it so i took the help of u guys ..... thanks for helping me out ....

sukhdeepsinghkohli said:
I though question would be "How to make an SFX" :D

can anyone explain what has this got to do.... with .rar file.... am totally out of knowledge...... :arrow:

thanks u all

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
LOL, RAR is compressed archive like zip. SFX is "Self Extracting archive". The Basic purpose of an SFX is to allow users to extract Archive contents without installing and downloading WINRAR or other extracters

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
MR.MOUSTACHE said:
lol ... ok ok ... i got it now..... so this SFX come s with windows os pre intalled right

WRONG. SFX means Self Extracting Archive

A self-extracting archive is an application which contains a compressed file archive, as well as programming to extract this information. Such file archives do not require a second executable file or program to extract from the archive, as archive files usually require. The files in an archive can thus be extracted by anyone, whether they possess the appropriate decompression program or not, as long as the program can run on their computer platform. This is handy if you don't know if the person you are giving the file to doesn't have the plugin then you can just give them an SFX, short for Self-extracting archive.
StuffIt for the Macintosh, Compact Pro, WinZip, WinRAR, and 7-Zip all make use of self-extracting archives. There are also programs (like makeself) that create self-extracting archives on Unix as shell scripts. An early example of a self-extracting archive was the Unix shar archive, in which one or more text files were combined into a shell script that when executed recreated the original files.
Distributing and receiving files which appear to be self-extracting archives can be dangerous, as the file itself may contain malicious code, like viruses or trojan horses. For this reason, many internet users do not accept self-extracting archive files and would rather receive regular compressed file archives without any executable code. Thankfully for them, many archivers are capable of working with self-extracting archives as if they were regular archives.

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent
@sukhdeepsinghkohli

yarr usko computer ka kuch nahin aata hai and u r telling him defination of SFX .

@R.MOUSTACHE
no buddy its like this

.rar file

U need WinRAR to extract and use this file

SFX file (.exe)

U don't need any s/w to extract these files

those windows anr preinstalls are setup files .
They also have extnsion .exe

but SFX is different from setup files

u will understand these concept as u learn more

Details of these stuffs are out of scope for u(now)

soon u will understand

its like

Difference btw Copy,Setup and SFX files

u will soon understand it no need to worry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom