How to block bandwith use or limit them ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a cyber cafe with 7 computers out of which i use 1 PC to connect Internet and share it to rest 14 PCs. i use windows XP in my server and windows 2000 for rest of the PCs. i do not use any proxy software. i use windows internet connection sharing. i am using two network cards for the sharing, one is to connect internet via Huwaei ADSL modem (BSNL Broadband with business plan) and the other to share the internet.

I have 20 GB alloted bandwidth and it suits my budget and normal use. sometimes it goes beyond the 20 GB limit and i have to pay extra because some of my customers come equipped with portable downloader in flash drives and download large files, movies for which i have to incur loss. :( i dont want to change my broadband plan to unlimited because it limits at 256 kbps and now i am getting 2 mbps.

now what i want is how can i limit the bandwidth use per PC from my server. i want to limit it to say 50 MB and upon request i can increase the limit. i dont want to use any cafe management software. just a simple bandwidth limiter will do it for me.

can anyone help me in this regard ?:confused: :confused: :confused:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Well we run few in Kolkata, all uses CafeZee.com software for Cafe Management !!!

It comes with lots of Registry trick which can be implimented with one Click :p so will stop accessing to Pen drives for sure and tons of other security options......

for Bandwidth, We bought, DU Super Controler 1.90 *www.homeqos.com/ :)

pcstore

Right off the assembly line
i think stop access pen drive will create bad impression to customer. but you can limit the bandwidth anyway.i suggest to limit a speed rather an amount.

OP
P

passion_unlimitedd

Journeyman
i want to limit the amount of data not the speed of the connection. i can stop the access to my computer or pen drive but that will create problem for other customers as most of them use pen drive for general mail attachment downloads etc.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
passion_unlimitedd said:
i want to limit the amount of data not the speed of the connection. i can stop the access to my computer or pen drive but that will create problem for other customers as most of them use pen drive for general mail attachment downloads etc.

For 1st one, hard to do, as Windows XP will need some for its own networking and that too may get counted !!! How ever wait for others to reply if any one knows any solution...

For Second on Pen Drive issue, simply ask the custmers to give the pen drive to the person at ur Cafe Server to transfer the data from or to the Pen drrive through ur LAN !! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom