How to Activate USB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumars

Broken In
Hi,

In my office USB ports are deactivated. Device Manager doesn't show any USB Driver settings.. USB Controller is not listed there..

How do I activate the deactivated USB?

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
Umm... Are the USB ports on the cabby connected to the corresponding USB connectors from the mobo ? Check that.

OP
kumars

kumars

Broken In
There are two ports at the rear and two in front.. Atleast the rear ones are directly connected to the MOBO..

OP
kumars

kumars

Broken In
I have all admin rights.. and I checked the BIOS too.. But nothing is there about USB in BIOS..

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
if u haf all the admin rights and if usb is not disabled in bios then there can be only one possibility that its blown up!

OP
kumars

kumars

Broken In
In my office USB access is blocked. Don't know how.. But there is a way to unblock it..

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
kumars said:
I have all admin rights.. and I checked the BIOS too.. But nothing is there about USB in BIOS..

if it's not in BIOS then the firmware needs to be upgraded. there should be an option it might be under integrated periphials (devices), then onboard devices. if it is still not avalible then yeah you more then likely need new firmware. the USB's could be unplugged from the mobo.... check this site out as it has some info on USB's not working *www.usbman.com/Troubleshooter%20General.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom