How Many of Us Uses Pirated/Cracked Software

Do u use pirated software?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charley

Just Do It
Mine r all orgnal except for the OS ....... I cant figure any body who doesnt use pirated softie........

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Hmmm.... i'm not gonna tell... ;)

But.. i prefer Freeware... else... we try to FREE it...

Good sw should b free 2 show its pros... right...

DKant

In the zone
Lets look at some hard facts.

1) The most expensive pieces of software are either as expensive or more than a comparable software component. ie: Oracle database costs upto 10000 dollars.

2) The hardware that I buy I can usually get it replaced/exchanged for a competitor. There is no such guarantee.

3) My hardware is faulty I get a replacement within a short period of time. And many of them come with huge warranties such as 3-5 years. During which I will get my H/W replaced. Software issues are bugs and they will get replaced or resolved with further releases. Furthermore these are only available to you if I subscribe to the support mechanism.

4) There is no restriction on how many places I can use the hardware in. I can use in how many machines I want at any point of time. With S/W this is never the case.

5) If I buy a game for 1500 Rs and after a month the CD's dont work will I get a replacement ? Where in if I buy RAM and it doesnt work after a year also I will get replacements. No matter even if it is a 128 MB stick.

I think the above clearly highlights some of the issues with the software industry and why piracy is so prevailant.

EXACTLY! But these are issues not with the Software Industry as a whole, but with the proprietary software model (OK, presently they aren't much different :( ). It stupidly believes that software copying is something wrong, and can & should be stopped. It believes that I shouldn't share, or make life easy for a friend/relative. It believes that the only good things about the Internet are advertising, spam, credit card payment and the ability to download demos! It tries to compare virtualware with realware and in the process suppresses and suffocates it, by not allowing it to fully express its power. That's why the Free Software Movement is so important.

But that doesn't mean that u try to defeat the PSM by stealing stuff right? Instead, use freedomware, as far as possible, and allow the FSM to grow. :)

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
If I don't get a pirated copy, then I am not going to buy that software anyway! So there is no loss to the s/w company.

But when the same software comes at an affordable, if not cheap, rate, I (anyone) would surely be inclined to buy that software, 'cause I would also get support for it.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
EXACTLY! But these are issues not with the Software Industry as a whole, but with the proprietary software model (OK, presently they aren't much different). It stupidly believes that software copying is something wrong, and can & should be stopped. It believes that I shouldn't share, or make life easy for a friend/relative. It believes that the only good things about the Internet are advertising, spam, credit card payment and the ability to download demos! It tries to compare virtualware with realware and in the process suppresses and suffocates it, by not allowing it to fully express its power. That's why the Free Software Movement is so important.

But that doesn't mean that u try to defeat the PSM by stealing stuff right? Instead, use freedomware, as far as possible, and allow the FSM to grow.

Thats precisely the problem. I totally agree with your point of it being proprietary software companies problem. However thats the problem with the whole industry since everyone goes proprietary. I am all for FSM. I currently am in the phase of trying out the freeware alternatives for a lot of the stuff I use and I dual boot with Red Hat 9 and Windows XP. Its a step in the right direction FSM. However the issue with FSM is already starting to get clouded with the introduction of different Licensing mechanisms such as LGPL. Now I wonder where this is going to lead. sheesh.

h4xbox

Journeyman
Now thts something kewl ...nearly 90 % of digit members use illegal software..Just for posting some illegal links i was banned..can raaabo ban all of the illegal software users...And whats the guarantee tht digit users dont use the digit dvd softz with a crack from the guarantee ..RAAABo wasn't here and i want an answer for this ....

Yoda

Journeyman
h4xbox said:
Now thts something kewl ...nearly 90 % of digit members use illegal software..Just for posting some illegal links i was banned..can raaabo ban all of the illegal software users...And whats the guarantee tht digit users dont use the digit dvd softz with a crack from the guarantee ..RAAABo wasn't here and i want an answer for this ....

sad to hear this. I too posted some links but deleted them immediately.

most of them in India are Middle-Class and we can't afford these costly software.

so no harm in using the softwares,games and songs for personal use.

I don't even use cracks for many soft. because i get full versions or retail versions :wink:

i have a few games but all are pirated only. :wink:

shivac11

Right off the assembly line
pirate of the software bean

I am amongst YES...

I've not seen any INDIVIDUALS using a GENUINE XP...

Commercial organisations use GENUINE COPY coz everything else done ther is FOOLISH... :)

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

deepaknal

Right off the assembly line
I DO.
Well accept it guys,
Software piracy in the world can never come down unless all the software is free.DUH
Laugh.This is a joke.

parthbarot

In the zone
i thnk piracy is good for us...means we can learn from that free...

& for developers like us also,its good,so we good new latest prog tools & can learn from that..

otherwise who can spent lot of money for hi own alone use of some softi...like MS .NET,VS, Borland C++, JBulider etc...

i dnt no u people no or not..that piracy of windows is intended by bill gates himself,bcs he wants "his"(means not his but pirates & taken from somewhere" OS to be most used in the world...

regards

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
almost all of the softwares i use are pirated unless they come with my hardware. I use a pirated copy of Windows XP and have SP2 and all the latest updates. I also have a pitrated copy of ZoneAlarm Security Suite with antivirus and use pirated OnSpeed. I even use pirated CacheBoost Pro. I use DeepBurner Pro and Nero Burning ROM bundled enterprize edition and are of course pirated...............................................a lot more programs ................

suj_engico

Broken In
HEY GUYS!!!!!!!
I am using genuine Windows XP.
U might be surprised to know that.
Confused???????
Thats not because I have bought a liscenced versin, but definately I have been provided by one by the govt.
:roll: :roll: :p :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom