How is this laptop for 21000

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
*www-604.ibm.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...686018425096210&productId=4611686018425480895

It is new and avilable for 21000 Rs, should it be purchased?

OP
kumarmohit

kumarmohit

Technomancer
it has a celeron processor and no OS is bundled...

take that into consideration
He needs it for typing and surfing so celeron would not be an issue.
As for the OS, As long as it can run Fedora or any other decent distro, That wud not be an issue.

Bad. Rather get a Acer 5315.
And Acer looks fugly!

instead get a zenith director for 25000 Rs.
*tinyurl.com/32sbkv

The person is on a tight budget, so every penny he can spare, the better it is.

The question is, at the price of 21000, how wud you rate it for value for money on a scale of five.

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
But, what's the use in buying an outdated thing???
Celeron, in today's era is a way too outdated man, just forget to buy that.

Sourabh

Laptoping
But, what's the use in buying an outdated thing???
Celeron, in today's era is a way too outdated man, just forget to buy that.

Celeron M is not a product but a product family. Celeron offerings from Intel improves as we progress from Yonah to Merom to Penryn. Who knows one day we will even have quad core versions in Celeron family. So, it's not a question of what's in and what's not. It depends on what you need it for.

What you mean to say is, for an extra few grands, you get a nicely spec'd laptop. That's fair enough. But when you want something cheap and don't have the luxury to buy a reasonable laptop (which is a bit more expensive), you make a few compromises. The good part is as Celeron M processors evolve, they are more than capable enough for normal computing tasks on a laptop. The new batch of Celeron Ms are even 64-bit capable.

OP
kumarmohit

kumarmohit

Technomancer
This one is capable of MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, Intel 64 (Intel's x86-64 implementation), XD bit (an NX bit implementation). It is based on Merom - L.

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
Sourabh , whatever u say, celeron is the lowest end processor in the whole intel family.
Can u say which processor is the slowest in speed in intel?? It's celeron.

acewin

Point Blanc
very good for mobility, because for standard document viewing and browingit would be real good, but you cant run heavy apps, and neither open 10 apps same time.
The person needs to be careful alot otherwise cerleron procy will certainly freeze on him, what is the weight of this. anythin near 2.5 Kg will make me give 4.5 and if its 3+ then less than 3. because just for suggested purpose it would be damn heavy thing to carry.

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
He needs it for typing and surfing

Please no EEE PC, he said , he will use it for typing , so typing would be a great problem in eee pc.
The keys r also very small for typing, u can also read the review made by some member in this forum of EEE PC.

But, to u i say NO EEE PC.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom