How is the manashosting webhost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
Hi

I just took a look at the following website. It seems ok to me but is there anything cheaper and better than this? Is the manashosting good? I read in this months fast track that no indian hosting company meets their req.s

Does anyone have any experience with this? Should I go for this?
*www.manashosting.com/hosting.html

Aditya

tuxfan

Technomancer
Hmm. Their prices look very competitive!! 2GB for 1500 a year. I have never given or taken hosting at such low prices.

Ask them a few pre-sales questions. For example:

1. Do they offer cPanel, if not whats their control panel? Can they give a demo?
2. What if you want more email addresses or databases?
3. Whats the config of their servers and where are they located?
4. Do they give any free trial period?
etc.

Think of things that you want to know and ask. BTW, IMO these rates seem too low to me. And in hosting we usually follow one rule ;) I have mentioned this at many threads now :D If something is too good to be true, then probably its not true. So take your time, ask questions and then decide.

As for Digit's fast-track, I really wouldn't read too much into the statement that all Indian hosting companies are bad! Thats simply a myth.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
my views about this hosting is,

• Price...
    its dam Cooool...
  • Dedicated IP Address
    no way... are they sure what they are writting...?? with this feature the usual price is $35 per month...
  • You can host only one DOmain
    well thats a let down... big let down...
  • Custom DNS...
    Thats cool... means u may take the service of Gmaiol for ur domain or MSN email for ur domain...

tuxfan

Technomancer
Dedicated IPs could be somewhere around $2 per month and not $35 per month! Even MTNL Triband takes about Rs. 1000 a year for dedicated IP. The rates are similar in case of hosting. In hosting, you need dedicated IPs if you want to have your own DNS and/or SSL or want to have anonymous FTP. If not, dedicated IP may not offer you any major advantages.

Yes, only one domain in 2GB space is a let down. But this could be to avoid clandestine reselling :p and could be considered a good point as well. You can logically assume that their servers are not overloaded if they don't allow too many add-on domains ;)

Custom DNS for shared hosting is useless! How does it benefit you? If you use their DNS for hosting or have your own, how does it matter in shared hosting? If its reseller hosting, then it surely matters!! For example, if I am a reseller from say xyzhosting then instead of giving ns1.xyzhosting.com and ns2.xyzhosting.com to my clients, I would prefer to give ns1.myhosting.com and ns2.myhosting.com. Thats more professional and convenient in case one needs to shift hosting. But in shared hosting, its somewhat useless. We visit so many sites. Do you ever bother to check their DNS?

But looking at their prices, they may either be over-selling or may have got a server damn cheap! We assume they have got it cheap and they are not overselling, then their server config isn't too good. Here's why!

If you consider a server with 100GB space and no overselling then they are at max selling 50 accounts of 2GB each at Rs. 1500 a year. So they are getting 75000 a year. We assume they make 10% profit, so their cost is Rs. 68000. At Rs. 46 per $ it comes to US$ 1478 per year. So their monthly cost is approximately US$ 125 per month. In that price, you really can't get a very good server!!

So they are either overselling or they don't have a good server! Hope I have made it clear. This is the reason for that golden rule of hosting :))

EDIT:
manashosting seems to be a reseller of DirectI (*www.website.ws, *www.resellerclub.com) at least for domain. If even for their hosting they use DirectI servers :eek: don't even think about their hosting. From whatever I have heard, DirecI is pathetic for hosting! The way they have structured their hosting packages (email space, database space, etc. separately) I feel they are reseller of DirectI for hosting. I may be wrong.

Plus, they give domain+2GB+dedicated IP in Rs. 1500 a year! Thats simply unbelievable! There's got to be some catch somewhere.

Last edited:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
by the way...

there Reselling Plans are also very attractive... :p....

anyway yeah . i agree they r over selling other ways seems unbelievable! ...

but i feel... 1500 not much na... whats wrong in taking a risk?? lol.. even with the reseller plan...

4GB, Unlimited Bandwidth, Unlimited Emails with POP, Unlimited Domains... 6k for a year... ?? also they have a office Kolkata... Not far... ;)

tuxfan

Technomancer
BTW, before taking it, try a pre-sales chat with them or send them a mail. Try a chat. See the time taken in responding to questions.

Ask a few questions. I have already mentioned some questions. Their answers will let you know which other questions to ask. But from the feel of it, I will stay away from them!! Their prices look unbelievable. Follow the golden rule :)) They are hiding something.

Plus they are not offerring cPanel. At least it isn't mentioned anywhere on their site. They don't even mention what control panel they are offerring! All those who offer cPanel will surely mention it because its the most popular and well-known ;)

As for reselling, their reselling price is more than shared hosting ROFL. Bulk buyers pay less, not more. They are simply unusual.

OP
aditya.shevade

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
Hi

Thank you for the support. I think they have mentioned a control panel and also give free sample webspace for 7 days to try the features.

Aditya

tuxfan

Technomancer
They have simply mentioned that they provide "Advanced Control Panel" but not mentioned which one!! There are many of them, some are great, some suck! The most popular of them all is cPanel. Then there is also HShpere, Helm, Plesk, etc.

7 days free trial is good. Try it out. You can get a cPanel demo from cPanel's site. See which is better. IMO cPanel is the best!

vaidyasp

Right off the assembly line
Get away from them, the biggest cheaters i have ever seen

Yes its completely fake

They give you the space and bandwidth but with so slow speed that it takes months to upload 1 gb.

I bought 2gb webspace and domain name with manashosting, after paying by credit card for 2 days i didnt got any official mail from them, enven they didnt replied my emails except auto responders. After 3 days finally they activated my hosting and domain but didnt gave me control panel for domain. The domain was registered with their name only.

The next process was to upload my content, the claimed uptime and performance didnt worked out in my case it took about a whole day for uploading my 20 mb content of website. The website is offline for about 1-2 hours a day.

After a long time the website started working but with a very slow processing and data speed. It takes about 4-5 seconds for generating a page from php script as compared to .1 - .2 seconds in my previous hosting. And now the dont pick up my phone, dont reply to my emails and no technical support. They also refuse my online chat request.

So this is the fact, no body give anything for low price. Be far from them.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
well i think Tuxfan can give u a very good n reliable deal , although his rates may seem high but they r the REAL rates n no overselling .

n if u decide to go for a host with HUGE(read Oversold) resources , then there's godaddy , dreamhost , site5 .

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@vaidyasp

you bumped up all most one 8 moth old thread :p

anyway,

Thats why many say, dont look in to one deal which looks to good to be true... ManasHosting is one which looks too good to be true !! :(

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
^ Yep, agree with saurav_cheeta.

I had some client who used Manashosting for few days and very upset like you are at the moment :(

What i can suggest is, dont fall for oversold plans, you are not going to use it Anywayz. :)

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48480 << This was the thread where he was upset with Manashosting. He later settled with my Hosting :D

ahref

In the zone
Support is a must part of any web hosting deal. And one should look the support system before buying hosting.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
at the point i think we have 8/10 people over here at this forum providing hosting :)

by the way, are you all guyess have dedicated servers ??

ahref

In the zone
sukhdeepsinghkohli said:
Yep, True. I hope i live to your expectations Ashok :)

8/10, this is the marks, which I will give to your support. All ticket answered within one hr. Max tickets within 10 min.

Recommended.

V

vimalonline

aditya.shevade said:
Hi

I just took a look at the following website. It seems ok to me but is there anything cheaper and better than this? Is the manashosting good? I read in this months fast track that no indian hosting company meets their req.s

Does anyone have any experience with this? Should I go for this?
*www.manashosting.com/hosting.html

Aditya

Currently, am one of their customers... i hate this hosting and am looking for a new one.... My reviews abt this hosting

+ve :
===
(1) large space and bandwidth for cheap rates... ( but we wont use that much in real time)

- ve :
====
(1) Uptime is very bad and their servers are not reliable.
(2) Support is realllllllly bad.. They wont reply to our queries other than sales...

Kindly go for some hosting which provides good support....

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^^

U seee consider that +ve point as the most -ve point...

See for ur self as they are overselling !!!! as u dont really know ur boundary, as how far u can go... use full resource, they will shut ur account down by saying u have violated CPU usage rule in Share hosting...

also there is no CPanel...

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Choto Cheeta said:
^^^

U seee consider that +ve point as the most -ve point...

See for ur self as they are overselling !!!! as u dont really know ur boundary, as how far u can go... use full resource, they will shut ur account down by saying u have violated CPU usage rule in Share hosting...

also there is no CPanel...

Cant agree more. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom