How is seagate backup software?

rohit0571

Journeyman
Has anyone used the seagate backup software. Pls share how is it as compared to other free backup softwares in terms of speed of backup, reliability etc ....?

Minion

Conversation Architect
^^Seagate backup is basically disc imaging software it is very easy to use.I am using it now its a must have.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
seagate backup software is just renamed version of acronis backup software.WD also has a similar renamed version of acronis.paragon backup free version or macrium reflect free version are better in terms of features.for a detailed review of these free backup softwares you can see this:
Best Free Drive Imaging Program

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
The answer to 'how is' will be relative. You can love one software & its interface and any second person can love another.
Personally, I find Segate's software a crap and same goes with WD's software. May be because I prefer to backup everything manually..

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Its just a media backup. That's it. For backing up movies and stuff like that, you're lot better than the old fashion way. For backing up OS, acronis is the way to go.

OP
R

rohit0571

Journeyman
The answer to 'how is' will be relative. You can love one software & its interface and any second person can love another.
Personally, I find Segate's software a crap and same goes with WD's software. May be because I prefer to backup everything manually..

How do you backup the OS manually And why do u think seagate and WD are crap?

Something from here is good as these are free:

*www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-drive-imaging-program.htm

Minion

Conversation Architect
^^They are not crap they will save you from doing installing of windows in case something is messed up in OS.just backup your drive with OS and you are good to go.

OP
R

rohit0571

Journeyman
How is Clonezilla & EaseUs free as compared to the one discussed above?

The best free disk imaging program: a comparative analysis (updated) - freewaregenius.com

Five free and reliable cloning tools | TechRepublic

OP
R

rohit0571

Journeyman
How is Clonezilla & EaseUs free as compared to the one discussed above?

The best free disk imaging program: a comparative analysis (updated) - freewaregenius.com

Five free and reliable cloning tools | TechRepublic

I am still waiting as they use dos for installing OS.

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
^ crashplan plus is paid, but crashplan is completely free. It's a very good product.

^ crashplan plus is paid, but crashplan is completely free. It's a very good product.