How in the world do you configure your mail for BSNL

Status
Not open for further replies.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Hi all,
So I got BSNL dataone recently. Now the only problem I have is configuring it for me to receive mail on it. I mean seriously doesn't anyone use the mail feature :O ! Ive tried

Pop.bsnl.in
Smtp.bsnl.in

Its way past in the night and didnt have time to check if the smtp portion was working at all but I'm sure the pop.bsnl.in did not work. Are these the actual server names I got these server names after calling their Customer Support . Any help would be deeply appreciated. Where does the usage stats come in the data.bsnl.in portal?
Thanks in advance.

PS My Internet was Plug and PLay. I didnt configure anythign it just started working and Im using the UTStarcom ROuter 300R2U model which seems to have both options for both USB and Ethernet.

Has anyone been able to connect to the router using a browser. i cant in WIndows or Linux. I can telnet into it though.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I just checked for your sake :p .. I could send and receive mails using evolution.
The pop address are different ..
Incoming Mail (POP3) Server: wmma.dataone.in or smma.dataone.in or nmma.dataone.in
Outgoing mail (SMTP) Server: wmra.dataone.in or smra.dataone.in or nmra.dataone.in

I used smma and smra .

check this link on how to configure Dataone account in clients
link

Im not sure about your router query.

din

Tribal Boy
@Charan

I think they give .bsnl.in email addresses to new Dataone users. Mine is also @bsnl.in.

@exx_2000

The SMTP and POP server names are correct. Also, check the box where it says - My server require authentication.

I think you didn't add @bsnl.in as user name

I mean

If your username is user@bsnl.in, teh username you should provide in the settings of email client is - user@bsnl.in (including @ sign etc) and not just user.

I just tested and it is working perfectly.

Try again and post the error you are getting.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
din said:
@Charan

I think they give .bsnl.in email addresses to new Dataone users. Mine is also @bsnl.in.
When was this change made ? i didnt know about this :p

and yea you are rite about adding @bsnl.in to the username I forgot to mention that :(

OP
FilledVoid

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
I think thats were I screw up I didnt use the @bsnl.in in the part of the user name. I will definitely try that and post my results here. Thanks for the help.

Exactly what the problem was. Adding bsnl.in to the suername fixed the issue. thanks for both of your help.

Last edited:
OP
FilledVoid

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
praka123 said:
why dont u use gmail!it supports pop/imap!.with a puny 5MB storage bsnl email sucks!

According to their site now it is 100 MB :D . I might just configure gmail as well.

OP
FilledVoid

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
praka123 said:
AFAIR,I used evolution for gmail pop for sometime.there is no ads,nothing i found :)

Thank you. Im going to configure that also then. Now let me go find their server names :D

Status
Not open for further replies.