How do I damage a HDD intentionally?

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
Brilliant idea, my dear Watson.
Btw, for rma, do hdds need 300 reallocated sectors regardless of capacity ?
Not sure how many it needs but it must fail seatools. I read somewhere its 300 for the replace count.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
I think might just sell this one.
Rma is a headache.
Don't sell a broken HDD to a tech savvy seller, first thing he might see is SMART ;)

I for one am going to break it good, rma it and then sell it.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Don't sell a broken HDD to a tech savvy seller, first thing he might see is SMART ;)

I for one am going to break it good, rma it and then sell it.

Probably I will do the same thing.
300 counts is tough target. When do you plan to execute your 'trash the hdd' plan ?

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
Probably I will do the same thing.
300 counts is tough target. When do you plan to execute your 'trash the hdd' plan ?
I'll probably get the drive tomorrow, then brick it by next week.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
What is your hdd capacity ?
Could you ask how many replaced sectors are needed for a 500gb drive ?
Mine's 500GB too, 7200.11, 3500620AS, now they won't answer that, as they themself does not know it, but it must fail seatool, google it.

I read its 300 in a forum.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
Update guys:

I went to seagate today, the guy gave my hdd back, then I gave him a mouthful, called out the technician, explained my issue to him, he kept mumbling about Seatools, then he did a stupid thing, he plugged it in and ran seatools, for some reason it failed this time and with a massive sound, maybe platter crashed due to all that moving around, got a new HDD as a replacement on the spot :D :D

*i48.tinypic.com/2mgqefn.jpg

hunter.inf

Right off the assembly line
You Should Connect the Harddisk power cable exactly opposite it was connected. Then it will be short Circuited and will be dead..I did also that unknowingly and got my seagate Harddisk Replaced.......

You have Successfully Destroyed Your Harddisk..Congrats :p

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Update guys:

I went to seagate today, the guy gave my hdd back, then I gave him a mouthful, called out the technician, explained my issue to him, he kept mumbling about Seatools, then he did a stupid thing, he plugged it in and ran seatools, for some reason it failed this time and with a massive sound, maybe platter crashed due to all that moving around, got a new HDD as a replacement on the spot :D :D

You are lucky b******. Enjoy. :D

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Update guys:

lol. Bad luck for those guys and great luck for you.
Congrats on the new hdd.
What exactly were the contents of the mouthful ? I might try my luck with the same :p

Btw, can I rma a seagate hdd in kolkata which was bought from bhubaneswar ?

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
You Should Connect the Harddisk power cable exactly opposite it was connected. Then it will be short Circuited and will be dead..I did also that unknowingly and got my seagate Harddisk Replaced.......

You have Successfully Destroyed Your Harddisk..Congrats :p
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Sata connectors have a notch to prevent that you know.

You are lucky b******. Enjoy. :D
That I am :D :D

For now anyway.

lol. Bad luck for those guys and great luck for you.
Congrats on the new hdd.
What exactly were the contents of the mouthful ? I might try my luck with the same :p

Btw, can I rma a seagate hdd in kolkata which was bought from bhubaneswar ?
Scream and spurt out some technical terms like SMART status, HD tune, replaced sector etc :p

Top Bottom