how can we access PC with windows XP in Network Without password...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bipshee1234

Broken In
Hi,
I have two PC Installed at My home. Both Have Windows XP(Pro) With Sp2 Installed and connected through LAN. when we access computer through network it always ask for the password, whay it so? how can we remove this option? Kindlay help me............:eek:

uchiha.sasuke

Journeyman
Go to control panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer management -> System tools .there u 'll find users and in right hand side right click on guest and then click on set password and leave it blank.......thats all..

uchiha.sasuke

Journeyman
its not possible dude.......u have surely have done some mistake in setting lan setting .........first of all Windows xp doesn't ask for password by default ........it asks only when u opt for it by the method i have told u in my previous post.......so better to set ur lan setting agn....carefully...

dtox

The Techno Perv
do this..

1.Go to Start-> run. Type gpedit.msc

2.Hit enter and it opens up a window.

3.Under "Computer Configuration", click on "windows settings"

4. Under that Security settings->Local policies->Security Options

5.In Security options, find "Network Access:Sharing and Security"

6.Double Click on it and select "Classic" from the drop down box.

do this on both the pcs u want to connect n try connecting. It will again give u enter username n password option.Simply enter username n password n click "remember my password".

thats it.. u r good to go!! :D

OP
B

bipshee1234

Broken In
Thanks Buddy....... for solving my problem.

But when i access PC with Windows Xp pro SR2 to Window 2000 pro it will still ask for the password and same for the vice versa.

Can you solve my problem too

regards,
Bipul Singh

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom