How can i implement RSS to my site????

Status
Not open for further replies.

life31

Journeyman
Ok i have a classified site up and running so what i wanted is to integrate RSS or XML (whatever) to it so that whenever a new add is posted it would get directly mailed to all the subscribed members.

Something like which is used in blogs where you just need to enter your email and subscribe to RSS and whenever a new post is up you get the mail.

How can that be done????

OP
life31

life31

Journeyman
thanks for the replies but that did not help me much.

I went through feedburner but saw that it only fetches feeds from the XML. Basically what i wanted to know is how to write that XML nd implement it to my site so that it acts as feed and then i can use feedburner to fetch and mail it.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Manually updating the feed with new items: *www.petefreitag.com/item/465.cfm

Automatically updating the feed when new items are added(dynamic updating): *creativecoding.webforumz.com/editions/2007/december/tutorials/rss-feeds-with-php.php

OP
life31

life31

Journeyman
Manually updating the feed with new items: *www.petefreitag.com/item/465.cfm

Automatically updating the feed when new items are added(dynamic updating): *creativecoding.webforumz.com/editions/2007/december/tutorials/rss-feeds-with-php.php

I think i missed out something.
This part is totally fine and the feed.php when browsed does show up the XML deatails.

But when i use feed burner it says "didnot find a valid feed."

So can you please spot what and wher i missed out.

Ok here is the site www.goashost.com

I dont intend using a .htacess as ill be using feedburner on the homepage and
keeping the feeds file behind the curtains.

Can you please spot whats my mistak there???

Update: Thanks all for your help. I finally made it. And its working fine now :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom