host process for windows services stopped working as was closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saharika

In the zone
i sometime get this error when i connect to cdma mobile internet through my laptop which has vista..

then internet gets disconnected and i cannot reconnect it until i restart the system...

(it always doesnt happens)

i excatly dont know when it started but i think i was downloading updates and it was interupped so..(just my guess...could be coincidence)

so what can i do to solve this problem...
please help

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
Try running svchost.exe in the run box after you recieve this message and then, connect to the internet. If this works, keep in mind that this is just a workaround.

If you want to fix this, try to uninstall the update or roll back windows using a backup and re-update if required. You may also try to simply replace the svchost.exe on your hard drive with the one on the Windows disc.

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
I too have that LG CDMA WLL Modem. It also sometimes disconnects but not happening now but I think it is because there is a temporary signal outage. If you can keep the modem in a open region with no obstacles near the antenna. It will help a lot.

And yes to stop automatically downloading updates..

1. Go to the Control Panel
2. Double-click Security Center
3. At the lower potion of the windows, click Automatic Updates
4. Click Turn off Automatic Updates and press OK.

OP
S

Saharika

In the zone
i have already stopped updating
now it says 380 mb updates left

mine is geniune version of vista that is built in laptop...so will there be any problem if i copy and paste svchost.exe file from pirated cds found here....

i was not given any cds while buying lappy

thanks
how to remove updates...lots of updates there...
should i blindly remove those...
how to recognize which one is causing problems

soul_reaver

bored wit life in general
u can try the system restore function frm a prev store point... also u can try and goto add or remove files in control panel and remove the update packages 1 by 1.... usually the updates make a sys slow.. i prev owned a toshiba lappy n well it bcam pretty slow after a while of dwnldin the updates... also u can take it 2 yr lappys service centre n ask 'em to reinstall the OS...

OP
S

Saharika

In the zone
well
i have not kept any restore point manually

i have restore disk but that is original when i bought lappy...

any way i have found...the problem is only when i connect internet through that cdma modem of mobile

cable internet works fine...

so will reinstalling modem can do any thing...
but it has been there before the problem started...

uninstalling update seem to be really difficult...

thanks

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
Now I think that the WLL internet(run by LG CDMA modem) is in its native state and will take some time to come to a static state. There are signal fluctuations which also adds to disconnection of Internet. I also get disconnected but it doesn't happen always. I happens once in 10 days but for a short time. Reinstalling the modem wont help and if you modem gives problem and disconnects in a short period of time, better to change it and ask the telephone operators.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom