Hitman Blood money

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnephSi

GONNA GET ALL OF YOU
My PC configuration is AMD Athlon XP 2400+ with 1GB ddr RAM and XFX 256 MB GEFORCE FX 5200 agp card. I can't run Hitman blood money properly . It seems to be hanging. Any idea about it.

dtox

The Techno Perv
^^no that wont work... i have the same card.. i read online that due to BAD programming, hitman 4 wont run on cards lesser than 6600gt.. thats the min req... u can only change ur grphcs card dude.. sorry!! it'll hang even at the lowest resolution and settings on ur current card.. :(

::cyborg::

In the zone
@JohnephSi

u can download the patch which is 10 mb game runs ok with the card u have

but some time it crashes

which windows u have

OP
JohnephSi

JohnephSi

GONNA GET ALL OF YOU
I have Windows XP Sevice Pack 3

@cyborg , Where can i find the patch ?

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Please don't bother with the patch.It will just kill the FX5200 due to the modified glacier engine which had resulted in adding features which are way advanced then it's predecessors.The only possible option would be to set all the video setting to lowest.FX5200 is pretty much outdated & won't be able to handle this game at playable frame rates.

OP
JohnephSi

JohnephSi

GONNA GET ALL OF YOU
I tried setting the game to lowest but remains the same so i depend on the patch . Will my performance be better if i apply the patch. Waiting 4 reply

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
The patch only fixes previous bugs & does not boost your in-game FPS.Try the patch if you want to & hope you own a legit copy of the game.:D

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
To be true the patch extensively boosts fps.That's what happened with me on a Geforce 6600 series cards with Athlon XP 2400+.For those who r wondering the FX 5200 has software shaders which results in very poor performance while running hitman blood money.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^Didn't make any difference when I had tried it on my friends 6600GT.It remained the same more or less.The only difference I noticed was it helped rectify the crash bug which occurred at the 'Curtains Down' Level.Nothing much did I notice apart from that.

FX5200 has poor memory bandwidth which hardly provides any juice for modern day games leave alone the fact that it barely handled older generation games with low settings.I had tried GRAW on it only to realise that it was a mistake even having to take the trouble of installing the game in the first place.The intro cut scene was slower the Powerpoint's slide show.:mad:

So rest assured don't expect much from this card or for that matter with this update boosting the performance.

amitava82

MMO Addict
Actually the patch Does increase the performance.. I have 5700Le. before the patch i could hardly run the game but after installing the patch it runs smooth. I get ~30FPS at 1024X768 at high settings with post processing off. I don't like the game BTW.. because no in game save option and too much hide n seek type. Run n Gun is my type of game.. :cool:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^Thats the best part of it.If you would learn to play it with total patience for a change then trust me this game would turn out to be a total winner.I started enjoying it right from it's Silent Assasin days.Previously I was the same as you "Run & Gun BABY" but all that changed after this brilliant game came into picture.If you want to take my opinion then try Silent Assasin as it's the best in the whole series till date.It's hard to imagine how such a game could manage such beautiful visuals inspite of it's low requirements.

Stalker

Padawan
c'mon, I have a P4 1.6 Ghz, 256 SDRAM, 128mb FX5200 & i was able to play that game....not very smoothly,but playable

Just apply the patch 1.02....i think
from the config app, select shader model 1 (or something like that)
open the game, disable post effect & shadows <==VERY IMPORTANT & exit tha game
open hitman.ini (config file) & change resolution to 640x480 manually...
after that Hitman shud start @ 640 with decent frames

VERY IMPORTANT: DO NOT GO INTO HITMAN GFX OPTIONS AFTER DOING THIS. IF U DO, THE GAME WILL REVERT TO 800X600 & U WILL HAVE TO REPEAT THE STEPS AGAIN.(sorry 4 tha caps)

thats my method & it worked 4 me :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom