Gigabyte B85
Kigston hyperx 4 GB
MSI twin Frozer 4 760
T tb HDD & 120 GB SDD
antec VP550P
Cooler Master K390
2 Cabinet fans (120 MM Rear & 90 MM top) both exhaust
1 Intake front(Default cabinet fan)

Mu CPU even at Ideal is around 50 degrees and gaming it hits 75 is this normal? i contacted guy who put together my system he said i need to buy an aftermarket cooler i haven't OCed or anything, Stock cooler should be more than enough. I have checked CPU fan & jeat sink they are alright.

I don't know what to do i am afraid to play games fearing it will damage my PC. Please advise

> Use HwInfo to measure temperatures.

> Wait for ~5 mins after booting your PC and note all temperatures. Then run prime95 for ~10-15 min. and note the temperatures again. Post the readings.

OP
M

maverik99

Broken In
Hi, Ran the prime 95 it maxed at 91 degrees and stayed there. I am really disappointed with this piece of crap i5 4570 didn't expect the chip to run so hot. thought my stock cooler would work but.... Anyways i guess i have to buy an aftermarket cooler i am thinking of Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO this is retailing around 1500 on snapdeal. will it fit into my CM K380

- - - Updated - - -

Shiva: thanks, i used Gigabyte Easy tune, Real Temp and stress test with prime95..cable management is not the best in the world but its okayish.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
prime95 is not meant for stock cpu coolers. dont run it.
idling at 50 is high. apply a good thermal paste like artic silver 5/deepcool z5 and see any changes. also for cooler, you can consider antec a40 also. here is a review of that (mine) *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/reviews/181632-antec-a40-cpu-cooler-review.html.

OP
M

maverik99

Broken In
Thanks for your advise, I think i will go with CM hyper TX3 evo.
So p*ssed at my vendor who recommended me this CPU, would've been better off with 4430. Don't really wanna spend 400 rs on thermal paste and don't think its gonna make a lot of difference i was playing street fighter VS Tekken and temperature was around 90 degrees. I am very frustrated. Going to order this cooler on Monday any idea where i can get it cheaper?. Local vendors in Pune are useless bunch of jokers.

There is nothing wrong with that CPU.

Don't really wanna spend 400 rs on thermal paste

This is wrong. Thats like saying you don't want to buy 10k helmet after getting an R1. Get a good thermal paste like Arctic Silver V and CM Hyper TX3 EVO.

OP
M

maverik99

Broken In
Just throwing this out in Open, Does anyone else here on forum own i5 4570 and have high CPU temp issue or its just me? The thing is idealing @ 53 degrees now seriously getting headaches. BTW i have put an order for Hyper TX3 evo not happy had to spend another 1.5k on cooler to cool a non overclocking CPU

Top Bottom