Hey NIS 2005 Killed My WIN XP SP2 FIREWALL !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hsh

Right off the assembly line
I just uninstalled my NIS 2005 and my windows sp2 home edition firewall is dead.
I did read about using the Sygate(which i downloaded just now) or Zonealarm but want to know what happened to the windows firewall.
I tried to enable the win firewall but everytime i do so i see the message "please wait turning on ICS" and then i get "were sorry windows was unable to start the ICS service".
Could i get the WINDOWS firewall back and which is a better option SPF or ZLS.
:?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
as if u have NIS... the Norton firewall is included in the pakage...

so its not a better idea after buying NIS05 then turn off the Norton firewall & installing another firewall... so i say if u have bought NIS05 then stick with the NIS05 norton filewall...

but if u have option & want to try other firewall then better get NAV05 & then install aother firewall...

for firewall ZAP6 rules....

& to start windows Firewall

check this 2 link.. follow the instruction there....

Link 1 & Link 2

by the way hope u have tried to enable the service By right clicking on any network connection then Properties then Advance & seting up the firewall...

anandk

Distinguished Member
rt click my computer > services. check if windows firewall services it 'running'. startit if reqd. ensure it is on 'automatic'. then got to control panel>properties>windows firewall>general tab > click 'on'> ok.

OP
H

Hsh

Right off the assembly line
I told it clearly I Unistalled NIS 2005(which came along my new HP Pc ,ie 60 days trial)
And now i shifted to avast 4.6.
I have heard that ZLS 6 has incompatability issues with avast.
windows firewall services isn't 'running' and cannot be turned on either. Yes it is on "AUTOMATIC".

anandk

Distinguished Member
i know of no incompatibility issues betn za and avast.
i use zass with avast.
if u really want to know more about it try to click and go to thttp://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/support/userForum/userForum_agreement.jsp?lid=ts_userforumo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom