Hey Cheats SUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
Really cheats sux. Once you get cheats the game will be dead boring. It happened to me in Age of the Empires, Unreal Tournament, Pr IGI and almost all game i have played. Why should anybody bother abt it?

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
sujithtom said:
Really cheats sux. Once you get cheats the game will be dead boring. It happened to me in Age of the Empires, Unreal Tournament, Pr IGI and almost all game i have played. Why should anybody bother abt it?

cheats r fun , first time u play the game without cheat, next time u can use cheats for fun , i had played punisher without cheats for the first time and now i am enjoying it with cheats .it's fun
in my opinion anyone who plays a game first time with cheats is not a gamer.

btw i don't think project igi had any cheats as u mentioned above :!:

vysakh

Padawan
IGI 2 seemed extremely difficult to me. I tried the cheats but none of them worked. So i played it without them. The pleasure of playing such difficult games without cheats is great. In easier games like doom3, etc i play first with cheats and then without cheats

thegame_rulez

Journeyman
vysakh said:
IGI 2 seemed extremely difficult to me. I tried the cheats but none of them worked. So i played it without them. The pleasure of playing such difficult games without cheats is great. In easier games like doom3, etc i play first with cheats and then without cheats

hmm vysakh,
if doom3 was easy..then why use cheats when u r trying it for the 1st time!!as a matter of fact why use it at all !!! ;);)

geek_rohit

In the zone
Yea cheats do take the fun outta games sometimes. But if you feel like playing god. Then only these can help. It feels good when the enemy can't harm you. Occasionally this is good. I did this the most in MaxPayne. Just keep shooting :lol: And dun care :lol:

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
@sujithome: Man, talk about an ironical statement. You say cheats sux and then go on to state that you have tried cheats in almost all games that you have played!!! :lol:

Me cheats only after finishing a game w/o cheats. Offcourse I do have to resort to cheats occasionally when I get stuck at some point but I do ensure that I return back to that stage sometime later and complete it w/o cheats.

T

Tux

Cheats are use to have fun.
Sometime cheats can do things
which r immpossible without them.
eg watching and playing with nude mona in MP2

girish_b

Journeyman
i agree ,... when playing a game , i recommnd finishing it without cheats.... and then start it once more with cheats..

Arachnid

Broken In
Actually I prefer using cheats the first time i play a game. when i play it the second time, no cheats. It actually makes the game a little easier to beat :D

The only exceptions being Diablo, Halo and Manhunt...darn...no cheats for them :-(

NikhilVerma

Padawan
sujithtom said:

Well there are two major reasons why cheats are present for most of the games...

* It is easier for the developer to develop the game. e.g. if the developer wants to play level 3 of a game for debugging and stuff .. he would have to clear stages 1,2 to get there which will be long and hard... so instead he will use the cheats to get to level 3 directly and test it...

* It comes in handy when a gamer is stuck at a certain part of the game for a very long time... Using cheats he wil be able to continue...

Another minor reason is that the game becomes more popular as a n00b gamer can play it too...
I hope you get the point...

OP
sujithtom

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
NikhilVerma said:
Well there are two major reasons why cheats are present for most of the games...

* It is easier for the developer to develop the game. e.g. if the developer wants to play level 3 of a game for debugging and stuff .. he would have to clear stages 1,2 to get there which will be long and hard... so instead he will use the cheats to get to level 3 directly and test it...

* It comes in handy when a gamer is stuck at a certain part of the game for a very long time... Using cheats he wil be able to continue...

Another minor reason is that the game becomes more popular as a n00b gamer can play it too...
I hope you get the point...

I agree abt the developer reason. But if cheats are relesed to the public they will soon get bored of the game and will tell ppl tht the game is boring. If there is no cheat an n00b would spend a lot of time trying and trying and atlast suceed and he would never say tht the game is bad and will look for newer version.

OP
sujithtom

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
ctrl_alt_del said:
@sujithome: Man, talk about an ironical statement. You say cheats sux and then go on to state that you have tried cheats in almost all games that you have played!!! :lol:

I said all the games i have played with cheat not that i played all games with cheat. I hated cheats after i played UT 2004. Man come on who won't hate if u are not even killed when 18 ppl are throwing rockets at u and a atom bomb explodes nears u?

NikhilVerma

Padawan
sujithtom said:
I agree abt the developer reason. But if cheats are relesed to the public they will soon get bored of the game and will tell ppl tht the game is boring. If there is no cheat an n00b would spend a lot of time trying and trying and atlast suceed and he would never say tht the game is bad and will look for newer version.

Well I look at it with a different perspective.... I don't think including cheats makes the game boring in any way ... please elaborate ...

Coz they make the game replayable!! People want to play a game twice, first without all the cheats and then with the cheats to extract the remaining out of it...

And if a gamer says that cheats are boring then perhaps he is using them the wrong way... Actually a serious gamer doesn't care about the cheats in a game and clears it without them... Cheats are only for part-time gamers ... you wont expect them to try and try again to clear a specific game... They would just give up because they don't have that much time to spare...

Satissh S

Youngling
The Game developers must make three modes of play the cheat mode , non cheat mode and maybe tutorial mode . The non cheat mode should be made relatively easy and should be such tht it shd make the gaemr more engrossing into the play.
Cheats should be displyed to the gaemr once he finishes a level in the non-cheat mode keeping the setting hard.
The means he will play the game atleast to find the cheats!

OP
sujithtom

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
Satissh S said:
The Game developers must make three modes of play the cheat mode , non cheat mode and maybe tutorial mode . The non cheat mode should be made relatively easy and should be such tht it shd make the gaemr more engrossing into the play.
Cheats should be displyed to the gaemr once he finishes a level in the non-cheat mode keeping the setting hard.
The means he will play the game atleast to find the cheats!

A good idea Satissh. There are some games out there with features u said.

hpotter606

Journeyman
Cheats really takes fun out of the game.
I used them in Ground Control and then with god mode i used to just send my troops at the target and relax!!

but it gets really exiting when you play without cheats. So I am looking forword when digit gives GD2 demo
Wish they give it soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom