HEUR.Trojan script miner gen malware

andy_65_in

Padawan
Using KIS paid version...my laptop cant use any browser...when i open any browser i get this input that requested url cant be accesed as object is infected by abovenamed virus.. which it claims cant be disinfected...please help me...frustrated by this crap of KIS version...

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Using KIS paid version...my laptop cant use any browser...when i open any browser i get this input that requested url cant be accesed as object is infected by abovenamed virus.. which it claims cant be disinfected...please help me...frustrated by this crap of KIS version...
Format the system after taking back up or you can recover files after you format also.

Sent from my Nokia 8.1 using Tapatalk

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
>HEUR
It means that the URL was blocked because of heuristic scan by the AV. Heuristic means that it was blocked based on behaviour and not because of a virus definition. This means that this could be a false positive, but it's better to check before you dismiss it completely.

Could you take a HijackThis scan of your system and post the logs here?

Edit: Link - HiJackThis

OP
A

andy_65_in

Padawan
Desmond i cant access any website from my infected pc....but i can access the net thru my mobile using the same router...infact im using the mobile to post this thread

Last edited:

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Did you try opening NDTV, Google etc ? If all are having the same issue, download Malwarebytes ( ask help from a friend ), install it on the infected PC and run a scan.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I stopped using Kaspersky after they were compromised by the Russian government. Currently using Bitdefender but it runs really slow, won't renew it's subscription. ESET I think is the next best option.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
If it works for you and you are happy with it, no need to change. However, if you wish to, there are options like Avast which works well.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
As expected,system itself was compromised.Format the C drive & reinstall windows,I am guessing system was infected before you installed kis(if browsers were not working since the day you installed kis). Also don't use/install win 7 now(if using) as its support is ending on 14th jan 2020. Upgrade to either win 8.1 or win 10 latest version & regularly update it.

OP
A

andy_65_in

Padawan
I have original win 8 updated to 10 thru free update...kis was working fine since many months...windows 10 regularly updating...what should i do now...second scan with mal..bytes revealed 1 more threat,removed...then malbytes updated...rescan third time no threats...shud i throw out kis..its still interfering..getting the same threat...kis is only permitting surfing when in protection i disable web anti virus option...but then warning comes up of cmptr being insecure...kya karna hai,,,no poblem in surfing the net using my phone using the same net provider and same router

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
ESET NOD32 Premium @ 1295 (1 PC - 1 Year)@ amazon.in
Check it because I could not provide the link via tapatalk

Sent from my Nokia 8.1 using Tapatalk

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Format & reinstall win 10,don't take any chances with a compromised pc. This time use avira free for first few months & if you like it then you can buy its pro version.Also keep all your browsers updated(prefer chrome & firefox with adblock extensions).

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Avast Online Security and Avast Secure Browser are spying on you

Can you link a guide for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's pretty easy to do.

Make a bootable windows USB using their media creator tool: Download Windows 10 . Use a clean machine to do this just to be safe.

Then, backup all your data and reboot using the bootable USB you created. After that just select your former C: partition and format it in the windows setup dialog box. Then install into the newly formatted partition.

You can find guides online to do this, or you can ask here if you want more detailed steps.

Last edited:

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
What is the best antivirus then ? Also backup takes very long time if you copy to external hdd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom