[HELP] Weird Problem in Hotmail Account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Hi guys

I'm facing a very strange problem and I can't even rectify it. I noticed it yesterday.

I have my primary email ID at Hotmail and its working fine since years but now there is something wrong with it.

I'm not receiving a few important mails for no reason. I'm subscribed to my website AskVG.com newsletter which is sent everyday between 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM but today I didnt receive it today even I posted a new post yesterday.

I'm also subscribed to another blog, I didnt receive its newsletter as well.

I'm also not receiving new PM notification mail from Chip forum which I first thought that its a problem at Chip side but other members told me that they all are getting mail notifications.

So it seems a problem in my mail account. But the strange thing is, I'm receiving a few other mails in my account so I can't say that its not receiving any mail at all.

I'm wondering may be I also missed a few other important mails today? How can I rectify what's the problem? how can I solve it?

I'm really clueless atm. Any help will be much appreciated.

PS: I use Windows Live Mail desktop client to access mails but I have also checked my mail using web browser many times but I didnt find those missing mails. I checked the junk mails as well.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Once Hotmail blocked all mails coming from my server. Than I sent them support mail..and the problem was solved in 2 days.

You should also contact hotmail :
*hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/dasp/ua_info.asp

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
On that page it says
"To receive help with your Hotmail account, sign-in to your account and click the "Help" link in the upper right hand corner. Here you will find a list of our most recent customer questions and a comprehensive library of self-help articles. If you can’t find what you need using our Help system, you can submit a question using our support form and we'll respond to you within 24 hours."

Open a Support ticket and wait for reponse

din

Tribal Boy
Just a guess, this may not be correct..

AskVG.com is not on a dedicated server right ? The server may have a lot of other websites hosted along with your site and one of the site might be (as example) sending emails in bulk or which are spam or something like that. And Hotmail might have received complaints and they might have blocked the IP - which is common to your site as well as the other sites.

One of my friends had this issue, his emails were not received by another person (AOL), when we got details, AOL was telling they blacklisted the IP for sending bulk emails / spam.

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
I think the problem is/was at Hotmail server. I received the AskVG and other website newsletter yesterday. I'm waiting for tonight and will check whether it comes tonight as well or not. :)

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
A Silly suggestion:
Did you check in the SPAM/Junk folder?
also, make sure your Spam settings are set to move spam mail to folder and delete is after some days, instead of deleting it right away.

din

Tribal Boy
@gary4gar

Yes, he mentioned that, I mean he checked the junk folder.

@Vishal

So its may be a temp issue ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom