Help: Website Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

ganesh_2218

Journeyman
Hello,

Im planning to host an site for Windows. I have just only have simple ideas about it. What single content can be added to my site,, which can attract more visitors ... just like mp3 songs, abt hollywood movies...and i need more content name articles like this....Can i upload latest Mp3 english albums, tamil and hindi songs to my site if i opt for an music site...will there be any problem..

Especially im hosting site for google adsense and an wealth for me...
And also what is Data transfer regarding this...and after hosting what are the tools the hoster will give me..and can i create my site like blog by adding my own articles..from my desktop or where can i go for....

If the site is hosted with an content,will it be automatically wil be added to google search results

Just give ur replies...

GANESH

champ_rock

champ_rock
copyrighted material cannot be uploaded... basically u can upload anything which belongs to you and u have created it..

tuxfan

Technomancer
What do you mean when you say "Im planning to host an site for Windows". Are you talking about server with Windows on it or you want to make a site for Windows users?

As for tools that you will get with hosting depends on where you host and what your host will be able to offer. In my opinion, cPanel is the best hosting control panel. However, there are others like HSPhere, Plesk, etc. Some hosting providers also use their own custom control panels. If you want to try out cPanel for free ;) you can take advantage of my free hosting account offer. :) But you will need a domain name. You can take a .org domain name for as low as Rs. 149 for 1 year and try this out. Its not a hugh cost for the experience you will gain.

Rest all query is about contents. It all depends on what you can offer. No one has built "wealth" with adsense :p But you can earn enough to cover your costs and also make some profit. If your blog/site becomes very popular, then you may even get good returns. Many people prefer Word Press for blogging. If you use my free hosting (or any other compatible hosting), contact me and I will install WordPress for you.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
tux said:
Uptime guarantee is 99.9%. What do you mean by hosting it myself?

sorry to get my nose in... but i think he wants to know whether u r a reseller or just a dude like us who has turned his PC in to a personal webserver ;)

tuxfan

Technomancer
Oh man!! I haven't turned my PC into a web-server. This is a genuine server at a US data center and thats why it has 99.9% uptime guarantee. Here's some more info ;)

XEON 3 GHz Processor with 1GB CACHE and 2GB RAM
99.9% uptime guarantee
cPanel version 10.8.2
Apache version 1.3.36
MySQL version 4.0.27
PostgreSQL version 7.3.15
PHP version 4.4.2
phpMyAdmin
PERL version 5.8.7
sub-domains
POP3 mail accounts
IMAP Access
Web-based mail interface (2 choices)
Spam Assassin
Fantastico
CGI-Center
SSL Manager
mail-aliases/mail forwarders
Auto-responders
mail filters
mailing lists
FTP accounts
Web-based file manager
Frontpage Extensions
Custom Error pages
Hotlink Protection
IP Deny Manager and Leech Protect
etc.

But I guess, these are all usuall cPanel features ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom