Help Validating Free Wares!

Is it a good idea?

• No, there is better! (Please tell ur idea thro posting!)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Satissh S

Youngling
Well I may not be the first person to post about this, but how many of u have gotten ur system screwed up after installing free wares such as various mp3 players and media players! Usually more often than not u get ur system infected with spywares after installing these softwares! :roll:

Usually we get a lot of these free wares in the digit cd's and DVD's. Many like me wud install a lot of them. Believe me i usually skim through the EULA for identifying any spyware sort of thing bundled along with the free ware. But still some freewares don't mention that they contain spyware, even in the EULA. So WUD it not be a great idea to post our experiences about the free wares tht we think has a spyware so that others can be alerted from using them! :idea:

OP
Satissh S

Satissh S

Youngling
Let me start it! I installed a software known as VU player from digit DVD. Aftr some days i got a popup in my screen advertising about the various softwares for sale! My dial up Internet connection started to slow down.
So as usual i rebooted my system in safe mode and scanned with spybot S&D.
It detected a spyware named player3x, it was in the vuplayer folder and it removed the entries and i rebooted. Aftr that whenever i connect to the internet 40-50 IE windows open simultaniously and slowed down my system. I then installed WInXP all over again and now im having a safe system without the freewares!

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
I installed DAP and it is ADWARE whether or not Adware and all other Spyware and Adware hunters don't detect them as they have been (Possibly) brieved. DAP sucks, big time...................
Thanks to KAV(with extended AV database). It detects it as a adware threat and removes it...............

Charley

Just Do It
khattam_ said:
I installed DAP and it is ADWARE whether or not Adware and all other Spyware and Adware hunters don't detect them as they have been (Possibly) brieved. DAP sucks, big time...................
Thanks to KAV(with extended AV database). It detects it as a adware threat and removes it...............

KAV fan, tell me how much time does it take to scan the drives...

I'm using AVG, Antivir, Kav and of those 1st two are fast and finish earlier than KAV which doesnt finish even after 1 and 1/2 hr.

What is ur setting in KAV ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom