Help to decide the best PMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

sohancool

Broken In
Hi all,
I want to purchase a PMP but i am very much confused about which one to buy so that i get good features(good audio and video quality) and the best value for money. So far i have seen the Apple ipod classic 80GB(which retails for 9000Rs + Taxes on ebay, last time i checked) and Sony PSP(which comes with a limited memory unfortunately but has a large screen with widescreen aspect ratio). So please help me to decide which one i should buy.Main purpose would be watching HQ videos alongwith listening music extensively.Also suggest prices for the same.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Cowon A3

The most important feature of this player is that you can directly dump DVD and watch it coz this players supports VOB file playback and also DivX and Xvid.

4" 16M color 800x480 resolution display
30/60Gb HDD
Video codec: DivX 3.11/4/5/6, XviD, MPEG-4 SP/ASP, WMV 9/8/7, H.264 MP, M-JPEG, MPEG 1
max video resolution : 1280x720,30 fps
Audio codec: MPEG1 Layer 1/2/3, WMA, FLAC, OGG Vorbis, AAC, AC3, BSAC, True Audio, WavPack, G.726, CM

Audio playback: MPEG1 Layer 1/2/3, WMA, FLAC, OGG Vorbis, OGG FLAC, APPLELossless, AAC/AAC+, AC3, True Audio, Monkey Audio, MusePack, WavPack, G.726, PCM

Photo viewer: JPG, GIF, PNG, TIF, BMP, RAW
CSD viewer: CSD Viewer (Convert any printable formats such as PDF, DOC, PPT, XLS, HWP, GUL, HTML into CSD format)
text file viewer
TV out, FM, microphone and inbuilt speaker,
AV cable and TV cabled bundled.

A3 page: *www.cowonamerica.com/products/cowon/a3/

Another superb player is:

Well what else do you need. It plays everything that you throw at it. You need not wait hours to convert your DVD to mp4 to play it. Just dump the whole dvd into it's HDD and enjoy the high resolution crystal clear playback.

Another player is : Sony NWZ-A726.

here only upto 8Gb is available, but in USA you can get 16Gb flash memory based player for $200

2.4 (6.1 cm) QVGA High Brightness 240 x 320 Pixels Color LCD
audio: mp3 wma aac
video: mpeg4.
These two are best sounding players and ipod's audio clarity is way behind these.
Sony even includes Ex-Monitoring in-ear headphones for stellar audio clarity.

Product page: *www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/store...10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&categoryId=3690

OP
S

sohancool

Broken In
Thanks guys for your replies , but do the above players retail in India and whats their price? I personally think that the cowon player is awesome :D

ajayritik

Technomancer
I own a Cowon A3 and would say it's great PMP to have except for a few niggles here and there. It's available in India for 23k I think. It's available with Lipap system in Mumbai. It's way expensive over here. My friend from US had brought it for me. If you need any info on A3 let me know. I will help you out.

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
cowon a2 - best fu#king media player ever. but mine is in a state of coma due to extreme overuse (in 18 months about 3500 hours of usage, its that addictive!!!)
sadly a3 has battery issues - poor life as well as expanding batteries........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom