Help system restarting

zacfx05

Eeeeh What's up. Doc!?
hello frnds,
my system restarts after 15-30minutes of gamming , i just installed vga card yesterday till that there wasnt any issues....

secondly my display only shows me the login screen no boot screen is seen...

my system works with lucidvirtu enabled in i-mode

my system specs:-
intel G620
biostar tz68K+
4gb ram corsair
sparkle gts 450 ddr5 1gb
fsp saga 2 500w
80gb wd hdd sata3

koolent

Youngling
Bro, are you sure there aren't any issues regarding heatups in your cabinet? Remove the card and run HWMonitor for Temperatures, Note them down.

Now, insert the GFX Card and repeat the same..

Now, compare the temperatures..

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
it seems as heatup issue...try removing gfx card and run with previous config...if runs smoothly then gfx card issue..

koolent

Youngling
^^ I had said the same :(

Bro, are you sure there aren't any issues regarding heatups in your cabinet? Remove the card and run HWMonitor for Temperatures, Note them down.

Now, insert the GFX Card and repeat the same..

Now, compare the temperatures..

OP
zacfx05

zacfx05

Eeeeh What's up. Doc!?
thanks guys........
i will check and post back........

secondly why domt i see my boot screen the display becomes visible at the login screen..........before installin g card and lucid virtue everything was fine........

AcceleratorX

Youngling
1) Run memtest86 on your RAM and see if it comes up OK (or use any memory tester)
2) Check the power connection to your graphics card. I'm thinking either the graphics card or the PSU has problems.
3) Switch the DVI/VGA port on your graphics card (your card should have two) and see if the problem repeats.

OP
zacfx05

zacfx05

Eeeeh What's up. Doc!?
guys i checked the hwmonitor just after the system restarted...

i will post the memtest result also , i have not connected the vga to gpu as its in virtue mode but i will try that soon and post again

*img14.imageshack.us/img14/6971/46053536.png

this pblm only occurs when i game.....

my system usually stays on for long time, never occured this pblm but after i installed graphics card and when i play games it shuts down roughly aftre 30-45 minutes.

so i dont think pc will show this issue if i remove the card.....

and i think th temp shown is normal i guess........

i dont have a cd drive to check memtest and niether a linux system to make a bootable usb..is their any other way to chek memory problems
....... i will check connecting directly to graphic card tommorow and post back

:cry:

OP
zacfx05

zacfx05

Eeeeh What's up. Doc!?
hello frnds

has you ppl said i connected the vga direct to graphics card ...... and played mafia2 for about 1-1/2 hrs ... no shut down happened... i also changed the ram socket.

so what may the pblm and after playing i recoreded the temp again....

thanks frnds for the help , its working without freezing now but what may have caused the pblem......

and i tried memtest86 but its always stuck..... but i tried it in my laptop the memtest worked fine......

*img29.imageshack.us/img29/5795/capture2rc.png

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
or the mobos ram socket may have some issue.

@ OP - if the memtest86 not working try memtest86+ app - even if it's not working try some resource heavy games like Crysis 2, Battlefield 3, Metro 2033, Skyrim with HD texture pack etc. ie games which can put huge loads on ststem resource - if the system remains stable for 2-3 Hrs. while playing those games most probably your pc is ok ;-)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
your voltage values are all wrong. 3.70v on +12v rail.if these values are correct then i am amazed that your pc even managed to run for 15 min(probably because G620 is a low power cpu).

OP
zacfx05

zacfx05

Eeeeh What's up. Doc!?
^^ what may be the pblm then.... is that a aserious issue.... i was planning on upgrading to ivy i5... but from what ur saying will i end up my system being fried.....:-?:shock:

frnds pls put some light on what whitestar_999 mentioned.....

iam playing games and there is no freezing or shutdown occuring but....pls comment on what whitestar_999 menstioned:-?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
for comparison a screenshot of my system values:
*img708.imageshack.us/img708/2816/hwmonitor1v.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ zacfx05 - software apps ain't perfect always when it comes to measuring volt and temps ( I've experienced this before ) - you better use your bios / UEFI system info to find proper volt reading of +12v rail.

shantanu

Technomancer
Did you try checking the SMPS for faults ? Try getting another SMPS and then plugin your Card. Also reset your BIOS to default once.

OP
zacfx05

zacfx05

Eeeeh What's up. Doc!?
@ zacfx05 - software apps ain't perfect always when it comes to measuring volt and temps ( I've experienced this before ) - you better use your bios / UEFI system info to find proper volt reading of +12v rail.

thnx topgaer for giving that idea i checked it in the bios and it shows

+12v 12.354v

and another think at the star it shows details of gts 450 and it shows gf 106 so that also solved.........

all pblm solved i guess...
now iam just trying to play play much long er to c if the pblm still exist.........:-D

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ great ;-) play the games I've suggested and to patch the games to the latest version available.

Top Bottom