Help regarding video card in windows vista!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
I bought a geforce 6600 about a year ago.I installed it on xp(service pack2) but it showed graphical corruption in games in windows xp.I did a lot of troubleshooting and found out it was the power supply that was not up to the mark.I then installed a 400 watt power supply and the graphical corruption in games went away.Now I have moved on to vista and the grphical corruption is back in games.I wanna know whether this is because vista uses more power or the crappy windows vista nvidia geforce drivers cause such corruption what do u people say?

assasin

Banned
^^^ i'm using a 6600LE in Vista without any probs.
does ur 6600 hav a xternal power connector?if yes then connect xternal power to gfx card.

OP
H

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
I have connected the external power connector to a power supply.I even tried sorting a 300 watt power supply and connecting it solely to the videocard but it does not help.And please tell me if u are experiencing corruption in games(graphiclal)

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@Harvik780
how did ya manage to use a PSU for the Gcard alone?? For that the mobo power connector pins shud be shorted in a certain way.

And 6600GT needs pretty much power. So i wud recomend get at least a 450W Zebronics Platinum PSU[1.6k].
Also update to latest driver. The same problem happened to me in GRAW in Vista, but it was due to older driver.

OP
H

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
The problem persists both when the graphics card is not overclocked and overclocked.Well i sorted the 300watt psu to get it to work with the gfx alone.I have updated the driver to the latest version.They are all WHQL certified.

shantanu

Technomancer
i think you should try updating your BIOS and Video BIOS... , it may help...
else try not to use a Extra power supply for the card and get a good power supply and attach that to your system... you can also write this problem to NVIDIA.. they help a lot..

Status
Not open for further replies.