Status
Not open for further replies.

chitvan

Journeyman
i have PC config
3.0Gz,512MB,intel945,
160GB SATA,

i m using Xp sp2 media centre
yesterday i have installed Nero 7.0 which come with DVD drive.
but there was some problem in it ,so i have remove it from Add/remove programme, & then i lost my DVD drive icon in my computer.

so i have restore system for 7 days back but not get solution.

i thing cd drive driver removed.
no any cd & auto run cd work, bootable cd working so thats not problem with hardware.

pllzz help,how can i get my DVd drive in mycomputer,i dont want install fresh.....

Last edited:

slugger

Banned
Soln1
u may want to try this. Since you say that the CDs r auto running. open windows explorer and type the drive letter and press enter
for example if ur rive had been assigned letter L, go to d address bar and type the following
Code:
L:\
and press enter, see what happens

Soln 2
Download TweakUI from here
*www.download.com/3000-2341-2830963.html

Install it

then run it and click on the My Computer tab. From the list provided just check the box associated with d drive letter of your optical drive.
if it is already checked then you may want to uncheck it, then click on the OK[/] button.Log off the and login again. Open TweakUI and now check the box associated with ur drive. Click Apply[b/], then OK. If requred just log off and then login, u shud see ur drive letter back in the windows explorer

PS : plz be a little more clear with ur post title. it shud give d readers at least a fair idea of wat problem u r facing b4 they click on ur post

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Try this

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
2. If Control Panel is in Category view, click Performance and Maintenance, and then click System.

If Control Panel is in Classic view, double-click System.
3. On the Hardware tab, click Device Manager.
4. Click the drive with the question mark next to it.
5. On the Action menu, click Uninstall. When you are prompted to confirm the removal, click OK.
6. Repeat steps 4 through 5 for any other drives with question marks.
7. On the Action menu, click Scan for hardware changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom