Help needed to convert avi/divx/xvid movie to DVD!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

anuj763

Right off the assembly line
can anybody tel me how to convert avi/divx/xvid movie 2 dvd withouty any loss of quality?
one more thing,..which software can i use to rip a scene from a dvd?
thanx in advance!!!:)

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
use gordian knot...the best open source ripping application there is,the interface is a little unintuitive though.

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
anuj763 said:
can anybody tel me how to convert avi/divx/xvid movie 2 dvd withouty any loss of quality?
one more thing,..which software can i use to rip a scene from a dvd?
thanx in advance!!!:)
to rip your desired scene first cut the scene from chopper XP then use gordian knot

NucleusKore

TheSaint
LOL....I think he is asking how to convert avi to a dvd and not the reverse!!!!!!! Read before you answer guys!!!!!!

There are two you can use:
Nero 6 Reloaded (Shareware) - which I have and use
AVI2DVD - which is freeware which I have used too.

To rip a scene use VirtualDub MPEG2, its a freeware too

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
NucleusKore said:
LOL....I think he is asking how to convert avi to a dvd and not the reverse!!!!!!! Read before you answer guys!!!!!!

There are two you can use:
Nero 6 Reloaded (Shareware) - which I have and use
AVI2DVD - which is freeware which I have used too.

To rip a scene use VirtualDub MPEG2, its a freeware too

You are right i am talking about reverse , fine but the above mentioned softwares by you suffers from quality degradation isn't it

NucleusKore

TheSaint
In both Nero 6 Reloaded and Avi2Dvd there are two settings. The default is fast encoding. It takes one and a half hours on my system (AMD AM2) to make a full DVD. If I go for the high quality encoding, it shows and ETA of four hours. That setting is good.

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
NucleusKore said:
In both Nero 6 Reloaded and Avi2Dvd there are two settings. The default is fast encoding. It takes one and a half hours on my system (AMD AM2) to make a full DVD. If I go for the high quality encoding, it shows and ETA of four hours. That setting is good.

recieved a same quality as what a original DVD gives by 4 hours method, and what's the quality with 2 hours procedure

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Look 4 hours gives better quality then 2 hours. Period. How close you get to OriginaL DVD depends on the quality of the Xvid itself. If you're asking me what should be the specs of an XviD or a DivX to be converted to ORIGINAL DVD quality I do not know :)

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
NucleusKore said:
Look 4 hours gives better quality then 2 hours. Period. How close you get to OriginaL DVD depends on the quality of the Xvid itself. If you're asking me what should be the specs of an XviD or a DivX to be converted to ORIGINAL DVD quality I do not know :)

ok well said i think size of movie will be greater in 4 hours one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom