help needed to configure a heavy duty gaming pc!!!!

logichost

Broken In
hi guys,

I am willing to buy a gaming pc in 2nd week of next month. plz help me out selecting good component for my pc. thanks in advance :|.
guys help me building an excellent future proof gaming rig.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)

A:Gaming and heavy multitasking,photo and video editing and many engineering applications.

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?

A:yeah i m open to alternate ideas.all i want is performance and reliability:cool:.

3. What is your MAX budget?

A:my maximum budget is around 46k.

4. Planning to overclock?

A:sure.

5. Which OS are you planning to use?

A:windows 7 and some linux distros.

6. How much hard drive space is needed?

A:anything in b/w 500gb-1tb.

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.

A:1600x1200 or 1080p anything will suffice. and i would prefer a screen size 21in or above.

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)

A:6

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?

A:yeah, i have built one basic rig 2 years ago. but this will be done by an assembler.

10. When are you planning to buy the system?

A:next month(february) around its second week.

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?

A:yeah, i am looking for future proof configurations.

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.

A:i want to include everything necessary.

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?

A:i live in panchkula and its very close to chandigarh. and yeah i can buy it from nehru place new delhi.

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary

A:guyz, plz suggest everything best possible.

somebody plzzzzzzzzz reply !!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

ssb1551

Technomancer
Better wait for a few days for Sandybridge to be widely available.Bump this thread somewhere at the last week of this month!!

OP
L

logichost

Broken In
Better wait for a few days for Sandybridge to be widely available.Bump this thread somewhere at the last week of this month!!

thanks for reply.....

can you tell me the current prices of intel sandy bridge processors available in market.and will processors be cheaper next month.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
intel core i5 2500k will be perfect for you. wait for its release in india. currently we know prices of i5 2400 and 2300 which are locked and cant be overclocked thus.

OP
L

logichost

Broken In
intel core i5 2500k will be perfect for you. wait for its release in india. currently we know prices of i5 2400 and 2300 which are locked and cant be overclocked thus.

it means i can buy a sandy bridge config.
it would be great but what about amd going with amd.

people say that amd's are a great value for money and very nice for gaming.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
from Op's needs, if he spends ~18k on processor + Mobo (SB)
8k on monitor (Full HD)
5k in ram + HDD (4Gb + 1Tb)
5k in Cabby + PSU (NZXT + VX450W)
5k in speaker, keyboard mouse & UPS, rest left is just 5-6k for graphics card. even under best scenario the avl balance for graphics card will be 8k.

@jassy, what to do next? SB + a 5k graphics card? i think you got my point.

OP
L

logichost

Broken In
sandybridge are currently best.

yeah they are best but will it be possible to buy it under 46k?

and what you guys are talking about i did'nt really get you.
Could you plz explain

and i would be grateful if anyone can suggest me a pc hardware store in chandigarh or ambala where i can buy parts.

and plz tell me will it be possible to buy sandy bridge pc under 50k with good gfx .
I think i can extend my budget .

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I think u right sam. Then our vfm amd :-D if he will oc.

actually the problem is budget. under 50k, getting a fast card (he wants gaming) & a fast processor (SB) is very very difficult. either compromise on monitor & cut down on ram or get a lowend (Intel Original) mobo with 2k PSU. that way SB is possible but neither is recommended.

and what you guys are talking about i did'nt really get you.
Could you plz explain

read what i told to jassy.

and i would be grateful if anyone can suggest me a pc hardware store in chandigarh or ambala where i can buy parts.

forget Chandigarh & visit SMC in Nehru Place, Delhi.

and plz tell me will it be possible to buy sandy bridge pc under 50k with good gfx .
I think i can extend my budget .

lets see.

OP
L

logichost

Broken In
i think i dont need ups cuz i already hav one.

@sam
nehru place is ok.
But what do ya think , is it likely to fall prices in nxt month.

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i5-2400 + Intel DH67BL 15.5k (least recommended, else forget Intel)
2X2Gb DDR3 from Corsair @ 2.4k
WDC 500Gb Blue @ 1.8k
Cooler Master Elite 310 @ 1.5k
FSP Saga II 500W @ 2.2k (mayn't be avl at SMC)
--no DVD writer--
Benq G2220HD @ 7.3k
--no speaker--
APC 800VA @ 3.5k
Logitech Keyboard-mouse @ 0.6k
-------------------------------------------------------
TOTAL: 34.8k & get HD6850 from Sapphire @ 10.5k.

so total is appx 46k. but neither that motherboard or that PSU is suggested in such a costly config.

PS: the prices are approx only. expect total price to be 200-300 more on the final config. so will be within your budget, provided no item is changed.

i think i dont need ups cuz i already hav one.

if the UPS is a local one (Enlova, IBall, Zebronics), sell it out. won't be able handle the new rig's load & will give 1min backup.

@sam
nehru place is ok.
But what do ya think , is it likely to fall prices in nxt month.

price won't come down but cheaper motherboards should be available. processor price will stay the same. so expect total price to come down by 300-500 bucks.

Last edited:
OP
L

logichost

Broken In
these are current market prices , wont they fall till nxt month?

what if you suggest an amd based rig? Wont it be cheaper? But i think it wont be as much powerfull.
And what abt having a low res screen?
Means, i am fine with a hd 5770
if budget is not enough.

and plz correct me if i m wrong.
Cuz u guys know better.

Last edited:

rajan1311

Padawan
It would be nice if you can tell exactly what apps you will be using.....

How do you really prioritize things, is gaming the top priority ? You could get away with a decent phenom 2 quad,save some 5k odd on that and invest in a better gpu, but that is if you dont mind waiting a few more minutes while rendering....

In gaming at 1080p, P2 Quad+ 6950 1GB(if it he can wait for it) > SB+ 6850...

waiting for critics to pour in ! :D

oh wait...how much is a 1055T? 7.5k or 8k?

Last edited:

ssb1551

Technomancer
^^Neither!!Its 8.5k.Its the cheapest online price at theitwares.And I agree with you : Why overshoot the budget by going for SB for a gaming rig?A decent enough processor with s beefier GPU should be the primary concern for a gaming rig, within the budget ofcourse.No point getting SB & a weak card.I think those who have the budget for SB it makes sense or if they are ready to wait for the prices to come down(only God knows when thats gonna happen).

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
these are current market prices , wont they fall till nxt month?

what if you suggest an amd based rig? Wont it be cheaper? But i think it wont be as much powerfull.
And what abt having a low res screen?
Means, i am fine with a hd 5770
if budget is not enough.

and plz correct me if i m wrong.
Cuz u guys know better.

the platform is just launched (or going to). so obviously no reduction in price for next 2-3months (until AMD produce a magic chip that can make pants of Intel wet). so expect prices to be same or even more if you buy from other shops.

with AMD, you'll get a less powerful chip with a much faster card. so answer rajan's question. which is more important Game or productivity?

i agree with you. PII X4 + HD6950 (unlock to 6970) > SB i5 + 6850 (which can't be unlocked SADLY).

I think those who have the budget for SB it makes sense or if they are ready to wait for the prices to come down(only God knows when thats gonna happen).

6months?

deep92

Dare To Be Naive.
if you want to go with amd then you might like this configuration...
amd 965-7900
gigabyte ga 880ga ud3h-9000
g skill ripjaws 1600-3600
corsair 550vx-4750
cooler master elite 335-1800
wd green 500gb-1750
samsung b2030-6000
amd hd 6850-11000
creative m4500-2100

exactly-47900

all prices from smc international online-nehru place
you might get a bargain if you go and talk there.

now if you want to save on graphic card you can go for hd 5770-8000
and use those extra 3000 on a good case..
by the way cm 335 is also a good case:)

ssb1551

Technomancer
^^How about going for a cheaper MoBo & a 22" monitor??
My options for MoBo :
Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H - 4.8k
ECS 885GM A2 - 4.3k
MSI 880GMA-E45 - 5.4k

and monitor : Benq G2220HD - 7.3k

OP
L

logichost

Broken In
It would be nice if you can tell exactly what apps you will be using.....

How do you really prioritize things, is gaming the top priority ? You could get away with a decent phenom 2 quad,save some 5k odd on that and invest in a better gpu, but that is if you dont mind waiting a few more minutes while rendering....

oh wait...how much is a 1055T? 7.5k or 8k?

if i talk about priority then i would like to go with productivy. And apps i will be using are adobe cs5,orcad,autocad, some compilers and vm's.
But what if we opt for a decent res monitor.