help needed on visual basic!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Doesn't the Text Box have a size attribute to it? Anyway, to get a fixed default, always double click on the text box icon on the tool bar while creating it, instead of single clicking and drawing one.

I don't know about VB 6 but in the higher versions (.NET) you can copy a text box and paste as many you like and their names will change normally like you make one by one.

ayush_chh

Ambassador of Buzz
yes u can draw one txtbox and then u can copy/paste them on the same or any other form.if u copy/paste on the same form then a msg will come like do u want to create array of txtbox ..just clk no...it is possible in VB6

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
If you want it through code then try this

add two text box to the form and in the form load event use the following code. I hope you understand the code.

Code:
Private Sub Form_Load()

Dim h As Integer
Dim w As Integer

h = 50
w = 1500

Text1.Height = h
Text2.Height = h

Text1.Width = w
Text2.Width = w

End Sub

OP
P

prinz

Journeyman
thanks... a lot... for all your replies...
suppose there are three text boxes on the form... if i want to change the size of all of them by dragging them together... i mean i want to make all the three text boxes have same size by dragging them together... how can i do that?!!!...

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
QwertyManiac said:
Doesn't the Text Box have a size attribute to it? Anyway, to get a fixed default, always double click on the text box icon on the tool bar while creating it, instead of single clicking and drawing one.

I don't know about VB 6 but in the higher versions (.NET) you can copy a text box and paste as many you like and their names will change normally like you make one by one.
its the same in VB6 also.

ayush_chh

Ambassador of Buzz
prinz said:
thanks... a lot... for all your replies...
suppose there are three text boxes on the form... if i want to change the size of all of them by dragging them together... i mean i want to make all the three text boxes have same size by dragging them together... how can i do that?!!!...

i hav never tried that but i don't think that's possible....

OP
P

prinz

Journeyman
ayush_chh said:
i hav never tried that but i don't think that's possible....

im sure... its possible... i think i forgot it... pls... anybody there to help me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom